Salt Mines at Maras and Hiking to Tours of Sacred Valley
During this amazing and unique tour, we will tour the Salt Mines at Maras, where you can see locals collecting salt from pools in the same way that the Incas did. Then we will hike down to the floor of the Sacred Valley using one of the original Inca trails that was used to transport the salt towards Machu Picchu. Our driver will pick us up and transport us to a local organic farm where we will take a tour, tasted local fruits and vegetables and cut alfalfa to feed the guinea pigs. Then we will go to Urubamba to visit a local non-touristic market and an incredible pottery workshop.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- We will pick you up by private transport from your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley. From Cusco, it is a 90 minute drive over roads with beautiful views of the mountains and Sacred Valley and will arrive at the Salt mines at Maras. We will do a tour of the Salt mines and see different colors of pools that are used to evaporate salt that is in the water that is bubbling up from an underground spring.
After having a chance to buy salt, we will hike down to the Sacred Valley floor for an easy 45-60 minute hike via a trail that was used by the Incas to transport salt to Machu Picchu. After crossing the Sacred Urubamba river, our car will be waiting for us to go to Yanahuara where we will visit and tour a local organic farm. Here we can taste local fruits and vegetables unique to Peru. We will learn about chicha and cut alfalfa to feed the guinea pigs. Then we will go to Urubamba to have lunch in a local restaurant and will then visit a local non-touristic market and have a tour where we will see locals selling fruits, flowers, vegetables and medicinal plants. Finally, we will visit the studio of the famous potter, Pablo Seminario before taking you back to your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley.
Departure Point :Any hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley
Departure Time :8 am from Cusco, 8:30 from hotel anywhere in the Sacred Valley
Return Detail :Any hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.