Salt Pans Overnight /start Maun /Sleep Under The Stars - Makgadikgadi & Meerkats
This group-joining camping tour takes you to the vastlands of Makgadikgadi salt pans including a Meerkat visit. All activities, transfers and equiptment are included during this tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- All Camping Equiptment
- All Fees and Taxes
- transfers from/to Maun or Gweta or Nata
- Entry/Admission - Ntwetwe Pan
- Entry/Admission - Makgadikgadi Salt Pan
What's excluded :
Day 1: MEETING THE WILD MEERKATS OF BOTSWANA
Stop At: Ntwetwe Pan,, Botswana
In the morning around 11am, we pick you at your accomodation in Maun. After a 2.5-3h transfer on tarred road you change to a 4x4 safari vehicle.
With your guide you leave civilisation behind and your adventure begins. The afternoon is dedicated to the salt pans of the Makgadikgadi. In a 4x4 safari vehicle you explore the dry lands.
First stop is at the colony of Meerkats, who live on the edge of the Ntwetwe salt pan. With a little luck we have the once in a life time opportunity to observe their natural behaviours and charming personalities from almost touching distance!
After visiting and interacting with the Meerkats we then continue to the vast Ntwetwe salt pan, which forms part of one of the largest salt pans in the world, likened to being on the surface of the moon, the sight of the salt pan is truly one to behold!
Dinner in the Pans, sitting around the camp fire and you sleep under the stars, bedding is provided. A real adventure!
Duration: 9 hours
Accommodation included: camping under the stars, bedrole only, no tent
Day 2: LEAVING THE SALT PANS BEHIND AND RETURNING TO MAUn
Stop At: Makgadikgadi Salt Pan, Makgadikgadi Pans National Park Botswana
After breakfast a last 4x4 excursion takes you out of the pans and you are heading back to Maun where you have time to relax and unwind. We anticipate to arrive around midday.
Duration: 8 hours
Pass By: Maun Airport, Maun, Botswana
The tour ends at your hotel in Maun or at the airport.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from ALL hotels and the airport in Maun, Nata and Gweta.Airports
- Maun Airport, Maun, Ngamiland East Botswana
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.