Salta City Sightseeing Tour
Get your bearings on this 3-hour Salta city tour, perfect for first-time visitors. See top attractions in this thriving metropolis with cultural museums and jewel-like Neoclassical buildings such as the Cathedral of Salta and San Francisco Church. Ascend San Bernardo Hill for panoramic views, visit sights commemorating Argentina’s war for independence, shop at the Artisan Market and travel to the village of San Lorenzo, a subtropical retreat for the wealthy. Round-trip transport from most Salta hotels is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tangol, Salta Argentina
After hotel pickup, head by coach toward the city center, and listen to your expert guide share the history of Salta.
Founded in the 16th century by Spanish visionary Hernando de Lerma, Salta turned into a wildly successful trading center. See evidence of Salta’s heyday in the gold-plated cathedrals and mansions as your vehicle winds through the city, which went into decline after Argentina’s war for independence and the changing of trading routes on the Pacific coast. Today, Salta is known for its beautiful and well-preserved colonial architecture.
Stop At: Cathedral of Salta, Salta Argentina
Reaching the central plaza, behold the grand, twin-towered Cathedral of Salta, built in 1885, and learn about national hero General Güemes, whose remains rest in the cathedral; he fought against the Spanish during Argentina’s war for independence.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Centro Cultural America, Calle Gral Mitre 423, Salta A4400EHI Argentina
Pass by the Cultural Center of the Americas, and note the Spanish viceroyalty colonial architecture of the Historical Museum of the North, housed in the old cabildo, or town hall.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Basilica Menor San Francisco, Cordoba corner with Caseros, Salta Argentina
Admire postcard-perfect San Francisco Church, with towering white pillars supporting a crimson-colored façade. Its purple belfry stands 174 feet (53 meters) tall, and the bell it holds was constructed out of the cannons used during the Battle of Salta.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Convento San Bernardo, Calle Caseros 83, Salta A4400DMA Argentina
Pass by the 16th-century San Bernardo Convent, one of the oldest buildings in the city, and the monument to General Güemes.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Cerro San Bernardo, Salta Argentina
Leave the city center and head into the foothills skirting Salta. At the top of San Bernardo Hill, take in sweeping views of the city and Andean peaks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monumento 20 de Febrero, Av. Sarmiento, Salta Argentina
See the Battle of Salta monument and February 20th Park, built in commemoration of the battle fought and won here during the war for independence.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Quebrada de San Lorenzo, San Lorenzo 4400 Argentina
Visit the nearby village of San Lorenzo, frequented by wealthy families from Salta during the summer because of its unusual subtropical microclimate.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mercado Artesanal Tradicional, Avenida Gral San Martin 2555, Salta A4404AJD Argentina
Return to Salta and stop at the Artisan Market, located inside a traditional white colonial building, to peruse the offerings from craftsmen who travel from all over the province to sell their goods here. Snack on alfajores (cookies with caramel filling) and candied walnuts, or pick up one-of-a-kind purses, blankets and jewelry (snacks and shopping at your own expense).
With your souvenir shopping done, you’ll be taken back to your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Salta, Salta, Province of Salta, Northern Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.