Salzburg Private Walking Tour
Salzburg has everything, from culture, architecture, music, history at the highest level to exquisite views. You will fall in love with this city’s personality, elegance and charm. The city that gave the world Mozart reveals its secrets like the pages in a book. Marvel at the historic buildings and monuments and gain an insight into the rich cultural heritage of Austria.Let us guide you through a discovery of its treasures and explore the diversity in a walking tour that covers all the main highlights of this cosmopolitan city.
You will see:
* Mirabell Palace and garden
* The Market Place
* Mozart’s Birthplace
* University Church
* Old Market
* Residence Palaces, Residence Fountain, The Bell Chime
* The Dome
per adult from
What's included :
- * Local Guide who will be with your group only
- * Private guided Tour
- * Possible customizing on tour with your local guide on the spot
What's excluded :
- * Gratuities
- * Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Salzburg, Salzburg, Austrian Alps
We will begin our walk in front of the impressive Mirabell Palace, located right next to the Salzach River. This beautiful palace with gardens, built by Prince-Archbishop Wolf Dietrich for his beloved courtesan Salome Alt will lure you to take dozen of pictures. Don’t miss the “Garden of Dwarfs” and the “Garden of Roses”. Inside the Palace there is the marble stairs of Raphael Donner, and the world’s most beautiful wedding hall, the Marble Hall.
After this royal treatment we make our way to the lively marketplace passing by the Puppet Theatre. From here we will enter Getreidegasse, the bustling heart of Salzburg’s Old Town.
Our next point of interest is Mozart’s Birthplace. The Mozart family lived in this house in the heart of Salzburg from 1747-1773, where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born on 27 January 1756. It is is now a museum devoted to Mozart and his family.
Also noteworthy is the University Church, seen on the way to the Old Market, and the market fountain located in the center of the Old Marketplace. Your guide will tell you all about the Residenz, where the prince-archbishops held court until Salzburg became part of the Habsburg Empire in the 19th century.
Our next stop is at the Salzburg Cathedral, or Salzburger Dom, an imposing example of monumental architecture from the days of the Early Baroque. We will visit the inside and admire its treasures including a bronze baptismal font with lions at is base, in which Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was christened.
After the cathedral we will return to Getreidegasse, where our tour will end to give you some free time exploring the rest of the old town, whether for shopping or checking out one of the many cafes in the vicinity.
Departure Point :Salzburg, Austria
Return Detail :Salzburg, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.