Salzburg to Vienna via the World Heritage Region Wachau
Delve into the outstanding natural beauty of the Salzkammergut Lake Disrict and the World Heritage Region Wachau on an 8-hour trip from Salzburg with tour end in Vienna. Explore the town of Duernstein and the Legend of Robin Hood.
Since this is a full day private tour your itinerary can and will be changed if you so desire.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Melk Abbey
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Salzburger Altstadt, Altstadt, Salzburg Austria
Get ready for pick up at 10:00 am and hop on board of your luxury tour vehicle.
Stop At: Basilika St. Michael, Kirchengasse 1, Mondsee 5310 Austria
The first stop is the quaint and charming village of Mondsee. The village is home to the Sound of Music Wedding Church, where the wedding scene of the world-famous movie Sound of Music was filmed.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lake Attersee, Salzkammergut Austria
The tour will continue to Lake Attersee. Enjoy the drive along the entire lake Mondsee to the lakeside village of Unterach at lake Attersee. Unterach sometimes referred to as "Little Venice" in the 19th century, is situated at the southern end of Lake Attersee. The world-known artist Gustav Klimt was spending every summer between 1900 and 1916 at Lake Attersee and most of his landscape pictures were painted here.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Melk Abbey, Abt Berthold Dietmayr Str. 1, Melk 3390 Austria
The next stop will be Melk Abbey it's one of the biggest and most beautiful European Baroque ensembles. Its splendid architecture is famous worldwide and part of UNESCO’s world cultural heritage. The Baroque building situated on a rock overlooking the Danube, in the Wachau region, ranks as one of Austria’s most visited art-historical sites.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Durnstein Castle, Durnstein 3601 Austria
Enjoy the gorgeous drive from Melk to the village of Duernstein. Duernstein is a small Austrian town, located in the gorgeous Wachau region. Explore Duernstein and the Legend of Robin Hood. Richard the Lionheart Richard was captured shortly before Christmas 1192 near Vienna, it was here at the Castle of Duernstein, where Richard was kept captive. Lunch will be at your own expense but there will be ample of time to go to one of the many local restaurants, choose between a typical inn or a Micheline star restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Historic Center of Vienna, Vienna Austria
After eight hours exploring one of Austria’s best Sightseeing Routes, your private tour will conclude with drop-off at your Vienna City hotel or optional at the train station: it is a ride of 2h20min back to Salzburg, 2 trains every hour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up from any hotel or address (airbnb etc.) in Salzburg.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.