Samaná Whale Watching Excursion and Cayo Levantado Adventure from Punta Cana
On this whale watching excursion, a tour guide with an encyclopedic knowledge of the Humpback Whales will inform you of all of their habits as you will be greeted by the majestic presence of the "Humpback Whales" in the open waters of Samaná Bay- one of the largest and best humpback whale breeding sanctuaries in the world. You will first take a bus heading to one side of the peninsula of Samaná then a specially prepared boat will cruise you around to observe these magnificent cetaceans.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by bus and boat
- Whale watching tour
- Professional guide
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Get ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience! You will travel from Punta Cana to Samaná, a place for some of the best whale watching because the Dominican Republic has one of the largest and best Humpback whale breeding sanctuaries in the world. Every year, over 4,000 Humpback whales visit the Bay of Samaná with the purpose of breeding. Spanning more than 4,000 miles (8,000 km) of open ocean, they find their way every year to the same polar waters to feed, and the same subtropical waters to breed which provides a great whale watching opportunity.
You will be greeted by the majestic presence of the Humpback Whales in the open waters of Samaná Bay. Your English speaking host and tour guide with an encyclopedic knowledge of the whales, will inform you of all of their habits. Remember to bring your camera-you could have unedited whale watching photo opportunities!
After the whale watching you will head to Cayo Levantado Island, where you will be delighted by a memorable lunch with panoramic views of the Bay of Samaná. Prepare yourself to experience the white sandy beaches and the warm turquoise water of this unique and relaxing place. There, you can simply relax and enjoy a good cocktail on the beach of this lost paradise.
This is without a doubt an amazing whale watching tour in the Dominican Republic!
Please Note: Duration of whale watching is 45 minutes. In the case that you are unable to watch the whales within this time frame, a second trip by boat will be made to ensure whale watching.
Departure Point :Departs from Punta Cana hotels
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please Note: Duration of whale watching is 45 minutes. In the case that you are unable to watch the whales within this time frame, a second trip by boat will be made to ensure whale watching.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.