SAMARIA GORGE adventure by local guide
This is a private activity for maximum 4 persons.Unless you are a family or friends of more people that we can arange it.Is the best way to see the gorge, learn about its history, plants and animals, habitation, tradition, local cusina, as you will be all the time guided during the hike.I am an expert, certified, local hike leader that l am from Samaria(My father was born at Samaria in 1926 and our family house still exist there) and l grow up at the exit of the gorge at Agia Roumeli.In fact l am the only local hikimg guide and l am beeing in the gorge since l was 5 years old.l know everything about the perfecture, local history, tradition, local food, herbs and land scape of course.
per adult from
13 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Hiking sticks(batton)
What's excluded :
You will be at Omalos plateu 1280m altitute where is the entrance of Samaria gorge.The hike is 16 km long ending at the Lybian sea at the costal village Agia Roumeli. The first 4 km are stipy enought and the path is on a cypress-pine forest. Later the path meets the stream and you moove paralied and sometimes crossing the stream. At the 4th km a rest station(Agios Nikolaos) existing there a stone build church, toilets, spring watter. Continuing the option changes.Different mountain morphology appears and at the 7th km you will be at the abandone old village Samaria. After you pass opposite the wooden brige you will suround your self and enjoy the place. Toilets are also there.Father on and after 2 km comes the most impresive part.Nerrow passages and hight clifts ,wild rock formations, as well as plants and trees growing at the naked rock appears.The beuty is such that you will never forget.After a short oppening with an old church of Xristos the clives become 3meters wide.Half hour father on is the exit of the national park and another half hour the coast. Swim at the beutifull beach and lunch you can have before getting the ferry to Sougia and the bus to Omalos for the car back.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up outside the meeting point the spesifick time.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.