Samaria Gorge Tour from Chania - The Longest Gorge in Europe
The Samariá Gorge is a National Park of Greece since 1962 on the island of Crete – a major tourist attraction of the island – and a World's Biosphere Reserve.
On your Samaria gorge adventure, the bus will take you first along the north coast and then up into the White Mountains to the Omalos Plateau and the entrance to the gorge. There, at a height of 1.100m, you will begin the 16km walk through the longest and most beautiful gorge in Europe. After the strenuous but spectacular walk, you will be conveyed by boat on an equally glorious trip from Agia Roumeli, the village at the end of the gorge, to Chora Sfakion, where the bus will be waiting to take you back. One should always keep in mind, however, that though the trail as a whole is not tricky, one should be more careful during some parts of the trek.
The hike is not suggested for people facing health problems, or suffering from conditions affecting their lower extremities the elderly pregnant women.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee for Samaria: 5 € (Children under 15 y.o : free)
- Boat ticket (11 €/ Chd 5,50 € under to 11 years old)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Samaria Gorge National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Samaria Gorge National Park, Old National Road Chanion-Kissamou Lefka Ori, Sfakia, Crete 730 05 Greece
Up into the White Mountains to the omalos Plateau and the entrance to the gorge.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of the hike is at least 5 hours and that’s why you must wear proper footwear with socks, a hat, light-colored clothing and sunscreen. You must have a bottle of water with you (there is drinking spring water along the trail), a light snack, if you wish, and of course a walking mood.
- Camping is not allowed in the gorge, you can’t spend the night there, light a fire, smoke (you can only do so at the special milestones on the trail), you can’t hunt, set traps, bring guns or animals along, you can’t uproot plants and you are of course not allowed to bathe in the river.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We must keep the lavatories clean for the sake of our own health and we mustn’t throw paper inside the toilets.
- You must hold on to the ticket issued at the entrance of the gorge until the end of the hike, in order to go through control at the exit gate.
- WE KINDLY ASK ALL VISITORS TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF THE STATE PARK IN ORDER TO ENSURE A SAFER HIKE, AS WELL AS TO HELP PRESERVE THE UNIQUELY RICH FLAURA AND FAUNA OF OUR COUNTRY.
- You must have with you: Proper footwear and socks -A hat - Sunscreen - A bottle of water - A swimsuit and a beach towel
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.