Samaria Long Way from Rethymno
Come with us to explore Samaria Gorge, the most majestic gorge in Europe and get ready to live a unique experience! We start in the heart of the White Mountains, from the plain of Omalos and will arrive after 6 hrs and 11 miles at the libyan Sea!
One should always keep in mind, however, that though the trail as a whole is not tricky, one should be more careful during some parts of the trek.
The hike is not suggested for people facing health problems, or suffering from conditions affecting their lower extremities the elderly pregnant women.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- All Taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee for Samaria: 5 € (Children under 15 y.o : free)
- Boat ticket (11 €/ Chd 5,50 € under 11 years old)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Samaria Gorge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Samaria Gorge, Hora Sfakion 730 11, Greece
On your Samaria gorge adventure, the bus will take you first along the north coast and then up into the White Mountains to the omalos Plateau and the entrance to the gorge. There, at a height of 1.100m, you will begin the 16km walk through the longest and most beautiful gorge in Europe. After the strenuous but spectacular walk, you will be conveyed by boat on an equally glorious trip from Agia roumeli, the village at the end of the gorge, to Chora Sfakion, where the bus will be waiting to take you back home. good walking shoes are necessary.
Arrival to Omalos high plain – coffee stop 8.30 – 9.00
Entering the gorge ~ 9.15
Meeting in Agia Roumeli – 16.30 (sometimes 17.00)
Boat departure from Agia Roumeli 17.30
Boat arrival to Sfakia – 18.30
Back: Georgioupoli 20.00, Rethymno 20.30, Panormo 21.00
Guides give to customers map of the gorge and explain recommended timings for gorge walk. So tourists can easily find their location and understand how much time they need more to exit.
Our guides have passed the gorge hundreds of times and they are always close to the group checking if everything is ok.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Lobby or nearby appointed locationMPALI PANORMO SKALETA SFAKAKI PHGIANOSKAMPOS ADELIANOSKAMPOS PLATANIAS5.40 5.50 6.00 6.00 6.05 06.10 06.15MISSIRIA PERIBOLIA KALLITHEA RETHYMNOCENTER KOYMPES ATSIPOPOYLO06.25 06.25 06.30 06.35 06.40 06.45EPISKOPI N.R. KABROS GEORGIOYPOLI06.50 06.55 07.05
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Customers must have with them:Proper footwear and socks -A hat -Sunscreen-A bottle of water -A swimsuit and a beach towel
- The duration of the hike is at least 5 hours and that’s why you must wear proper footwear with socks, a hat, light-colored clothing and sunscreen. You must have a bottle of water with you (there is drinking spring water along the trail), a light snack, if you wish, and of course a walking mood.
- Camping is not allowed in the gorge, you can’t spend the night there, light a fire, smoke (you can only do so at the special milestones on the trail), you can’t hunt, set traps, bring guns or animals along, you can’t uproot plants and you are of course not allowed to bathe in the river.
- We must keep the lavatories clean for the sake of our own health and we mustn’t throw paper inside the toilets.
- You must hold on to the ticket issued at the entrance of the gorge until the end of the hike, in order to go through control at the exit gate.
- WE KINDLY ASK ALL VISITORS TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES OF THE STATE PARK IN ORDER TO ENSURE A SAFER HIKE, AS WELL AS TO HELP PRESERVE THE UNIQUELY RICH FLAURA AND FAUNA OF OUR COUNTRY.
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.