Same Day Taj Mahal Tour by car
See two of Agra’s historical treasures on this private full-day trip from Delhi. Take in the UNESCO-listed 17th-century Taj Mahal, the white-marble mausoleum built by Emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal, and explore the chambers and courtyards of UNESCO-protected Agra Fort. Includes lunch, private air-conditioned transport and pickup and drop-off at Delhi hotels or airport.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Water Bottle While Travelling
- Hotel or Airport Pick Up & Drop
What's excluded :
- Monument Entry fees
- Food and Drinks
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Meet your guide early at your Delhi hotel, Delhi airport, or chosen central location, and journey to Agra by private, climate-controlled vehicle. After about four hours on the road, arrive and head for the UNESCO-listed Taj, the 17th-century mausoleum built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan for his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Stroll through the gateway and gardens and admire this breathtaking building, complete with its white-marble domes and pillars shimmering in the morning light. Continue to UNESCO-protected Agra Fort, a massive 16th-century sandstone fortress that served as a palace, fortress, and prison for Shah Jahan, who was incarcerated here in full view of the Taj Mahal. Explore the maze of pavilions, mosques, and courtyards inside the walls, noting their synthesis of Hindu and Asian architectural styles. Following lunch at a local Indian restaurant, you can explore some local arts of Agra. After about an hour here, return to Delhi, where your tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel or the airport.
Departure Point :New Delhi, Delhi, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Taj Mahal close on every Friday
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.