San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour from Palm Desert
Only Red Jeep Tours can take you to Metate Ranch, located in the heart of the San Andreas Fault Zone.
On this awe-inspiring OPEN-AIR Jeep Tour, you will travel deep into the heart of California’s world-famous San Andreas Fault and witness the forces of nature that have created amazing, steep-walled canyons and the most twisted and tormented landscapes on Earth!
You will be awestruck by the spectacular scenery as your Jeep winds its way through the bones of the earth. During your adventure, you will stop several times for short nature walks, including a short hike through a slot canyon, if desired.
This tour also stops at a natural palm oasis, where water bubbles up from the ground year-round. Here you will learn about how the Cahuilla Indians used desert plants to survive in this inhospitable environment.
A final highlight is a guided tour of our recreated Cahuilla Indian Village that showcases the lifestyle and culture of the Cahuilla people.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Naturalist guided open-air Jeep eco-tour
- Granola snacks
- Bottled water
- Land Use Fees
- Entry/Admission - San Andreas Fault
What's excluded :
- Food and drink (unless otherwise specified)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: San Andreas Fault, Palm Desert, Greater Palm Springs, CA
Experience the twisted and tortured landscape of an active earthquake fault system as your guide describes the geology of the area and you explore the bones of the earth. Don't forget your camera - the photo opportunities are endless!
Take a walk between the steep walls of deep canyons created by the powerful forces of plate tectonics, water, wind, and time.
Explore a natural palm oasis where crystal clear water bubbles up from the underground aquifer year round.
Learn about the culture and lifestyle of the Cahuilla Indians and how they used the desert’s plants for food, medicine, tools, weapons, shelter, and more as you tour a recreated Cahuilla Indian Village.
Learn about the plants and animals of the California desert and take in spectacular views as your guide describes the geologic forces and local history that shaped the Coachella Valley.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Desert Adventures Metate Ranch, 38635 Monroe St, Indio, CA 92203, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer complimentary pickup from the cities of Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, Thousand Palms, and Bermuda Dunes. Pickup from Cathedral City or Palm Springs is available for an additional $50/Jeep charge or guests can meet at our main pickup location: Metate Ranch. For pickup from these cities, please contact us after booking.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Closed-toe shoes, a hat and sunscreen are strongly advised
- As desert temperatures may vary, dressing in layers would be advised
- Please call the reservation's desk a day or two before your tour to confirm your pickup time and location. Failure to call, however, will NOT result in cancellation of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests with neck or back problems or pregnant women in their 2nd or 3rd trimester should consult with their doctor before taking a Jeep Tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.