San Diego: Best of Coronado and Ferry Ride from San Diego
Get a taste for charming Coronado, just a ferry ride away from downtown San Diego! Stroll beautiful streets lined with cafés, and multi-million dollar homes, then dip your toes in the sandy beaches along the Pacific Ocean. Hear about the fascinating people who’ve called this island home. End your morning with a taste of the luxe life and a visit to the iconic Hotel del Coronado.
What's included :
- Professional guide
- One local snack - sweet or savory
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coronado Island, 1100 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118-3407
We’ll board a ferry on the San Diego side of the bay and in a short 15 minutes we’ll feel a world away once we arrive at Coronado Island. We’ll explore both the bay side and the ocean side, enjoying the parks, shops and eateries between the two.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: The Coronado Ferry Landing, 1201 1st St, Coronado, CA 92118-1462
We will walk through here after we’ve arrived by Ferry. Guests will have time to shop and explore after the tour as they wait for the Ferry’s departure.(Please note that the ferry leaves at 9 am on the dot, so if you’re not at the meeting point at the designated start time, we will be forced to leave without you.)
Stop At: Downtown Coronado, Orange Avenue Between 10th Street and Dana Place, Coronado, CA 92118
After a short trip from the Ferry Landing, we’ll spend some time exploring downtown Coronado, and see its cafes, shops and restaurants. Time permitting we’ll pop into a popular shop with unique souviners.Along the way we’ll learn about the first military flying school located on the island, where sailors first learned to fly. We’ll spy architectural gems, some of which employed the latest technology when built over a century ago. And you’ll hear what drew Charles Lindbergh, L. Frank Baum and Marilyn Monroe to this unique beach town. We’ll also pop into a local museum (subject to availability) to look at artefacts and photos that will bring these stories to life.
When hunger strikes we’ll make a quick stop for a snack at a local eatery. It could be something sweet or something savory – depending on our mood – but whichever way we go, we promise it will be locally made and delicious.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Museum of History and Art, 1100 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118-3407
We’ll visit a local museum (subject to availability) to look at artifacts and photos that will bring the stories of Coronado’s past and citizens to life.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Star Park, Coronado, CA 92118
This small, circular park is surrounded by beautiful homes, and displays flags and equipment illuminating Coronado’s military past and present.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Coronado Beach, Coronado, CA 92118
Routinely voted one of the top 10 beaches in the U.S., the beach offers spectacular views of of Point Loma and, on a clear day, Mexico. We’ll talk about the houses that face the beach, and if we’re lucky we’ll see some wildlife in the ocean.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :1000 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour runs rain or shine; please dress accordingly. It can be cool on the ferry ride, and a sweater or light jacket is recommended. Please bring a bottle of water and sunscreen.
- If you suffer from sea sickness, you may want to bring medication for nausea and dizziness
- Each tour accommodates a maximum of 12 people
- Tour is family-frinedly
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.