San Diego Private Whale Watching and Sailing Experience for 6
Every year during the winter months, California Grey Whales migrate from the frigid waters of Alaska to the more temperate waters off the coast of Baja California, Mexico.
The Grey Whale is one of the animal kingdom's great migrators, traveling in groups called pods. Some of these giants swim 12,430 miles round-trip and breed in the shallow southern waters and balmier climate.
These whales were once the target of extensive hunting, and by early in the 20th century they were in serious danger of extinction.Today, Grey Whales are protected by international law, and their numbers have grown. In 1994, the Grey Whale was removed from the United States endangered species list.We set sail for the open ocean to get a glimpse of these amazing creatures as they make their way down the coast. Don't be surprised if you see dolphins and sea lions as well!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks, soda water and champage are served on board.
What's excluded :
We'll sail past the Point Loma lighthouse and out onto the open sea in search of Gray Whales out on the open waters of the Pacific Ocean. We'll probably see Sea Lions and maybe even some Dolphin!
• Point Loma, San Diego, CA
• Old Point Loma Lighthouse, Point Loma, San Diego, CA
Departure Point :Sunroad Resort Marina, 955 Harbor Island Dr, San Diego, CA 92101, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.