San Francisco Tech Walking Tour - Small Group
Find out how San Francisco became the tech capital of the world! Why did everything start here? What is the secret recipe for success that everyone comes to learn? This tour will take you on a 2-hour journey through the Financial District of San Francisco. All of these questions and many more will be answered and you’ll be able to feel the startup spirit as we walk through the city. We will talk about the people that came here as college dropouts, made it big and are changing the world today.
per adult from
What's included :
- Narrated walking tour of the tech capital of the world: San Francisco
- Plenty of stops with Photo opportunities
- Rest WC stop
- SalesForce Park visit
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Embarcadero, Embarcadero Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94111
You have probably heard the story: a 19-year old college undergraduate has an idea of a cool tech product that will benefit millions (if not billions) of lives. To pursue it, they drop out of college and come to Silicon Valley! A few years later, their company goes for a multi-billion-dollar IPO on the NASDAQ stock exchange! Here they call it “Unicorn”... And you may be thinking, what is so special about Silicon Valley that makes these dreams come true? What is the “secret recipe of success”? Why here?
We will start answering some of this questions in front of the Mozilla SF office (the intersection of Harrison Street and Embarcadero Street)
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Financial District, Financial District, San Francisco, California
We will pass by some of the tech companies that are based in the Financial district including Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn just to name a few. We will talk about their humble beginnings, fierce competitiveness and the power of “pivoting”.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Salesforce Transit Center, 425 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94105-2503
Sometimes the best surprises are right at the top. And that includes a public urban park in the sky. SalesForce Park. Your guide will walk you through this unforgetable environment while explaining you the origin of some of the Tech companies that are based around this insfrastructure such as: Yelp or Slack.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Market Street, San Francisco, CA
After leaving the SalesForce park we will discover the narrow streets of the financial district while learning who were the members of the PayPal mafia, why they are so important for the Tech environment in the Sillicon Valley and more insightful stories that you don't want to miss!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Mozilla San Francisco, 2 Harrison St #175, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Return Detail :Powell BART Station, Market St & Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Gratuities (optional). It is customary for those of us who work in the service industry to expect to earn gratuity in order to meet living standards. Usually is 15%-20% of your total purchase or at least $10 per person. Thanks in advance!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.