San Gimignano Private Tour with exclusive Wine Dinner in a “Barrique Cellar”
The magic of the most enchanting Tuscan medieval village and a wine tasting dinner inside a “barrique cellar”, surrounded by hills of vineyards and olive groves. An experience made for those who want to walk in history, while discovering sights of extraordinary beauty and discovering the authentic aromas and flavors of a mythical territory, in a local family-run winery.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick Up and Drop Off at the hotel in Florence if centrally located
- Transport by deluxe air-conditioned vehicle with WIFI on board
- English/Italian speaking driver
- Private guided visit of vineyard and cellars
- 4-course wine dinner in a barrique cellar (3 fine types of Chianti wines + Vin Santo)
- Entry/Admission - Chianti Road
What's excluded :
- Guide service
- Everything not mentioned as Included
- Entry/Admission - Historic Centre of San Gimignano
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historic Centre of San Gimignano, Piazza del Duomo 2, 53037, San Gimignano Italy
Meet your private driver at your hotel for a comfortable and beautiful tour, through the famous Chianti countryside, to San Gimignano, the charming medieval village surrounded by walls. Passing under the ancient Porta San Giovanni you are immediately immersed in the magical medieval atmosphere of the hill town known for its many towers. You get lost among the multicolored shops that display items of artistic craftsmanship, wines and oil of the territory and among the galleries of contemporary art that showcase original paintings and sculptures that capture the interest of the art lovers. The evocative Piazza della Cisterna offers a wealth of images: soaring tower houses, palaces with elegant mullioned windows and the monumental well in travertine that occupies the central part of the square. In Piazza Duomo a spectacular staircase leads to the Church with its frescoes decorated interiors. From Piazza delle Erbe it is possible to reach the Rocca and to climb the tower for a stunning view of the town center, the surrounding countryside and the others San Gimignano towers.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Chianti Road, Italy
In the surroundings San Gimignano you then reach, in the Chianti countryside, a typical wine and oil farm where you can enjoy of an authentic local experience: after the vineyard and the cellars visit, you will take a seat inside a fresh "barricaia" (barrique cellar), in a suggestive and romantic atmosphere, to enjoy a private guided “Chianti wine dinner” with fine wines and fresh and tasty products from the Chianti area. A unique and engaging Tuscan lifestyle experience!
For those who wish it will be possible to buy wines and oil produced by the farm estate directly in the cellar.
Please note that the order of the visits may change
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick Up at 4 pm at the hotel in Florence if centrally located
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- No Health restrictions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Customers can be subject to a body temperature check. If it is more than 37,5 °C, they can not do the Tour. Quota on the entrance to indoor and outdoor spaces: the access will be restricted to maintain the distance of 1 mt. One person per family group has to register at cellars and restaurants.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.