San Jacinto Hot Springs and Juan Venado Wildlife Reserve Boat Tour
Visit two places one day! First, witness the strong volcanic activity of the boiling muds of San Jacinto. Then, visit the Juan Venado Wildlife refuge, a perfect introduction to the beauty of Nicaragua’s pristine mangrove forest ecosystems. This Island located in the north pacific is 22 kms long and hosts lots of birds, caimans in the mangroves. Travel by motorboat and see many animal species that make this nature reserve their home.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- All activities
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Juan Venado Island Nature Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Hervideros de San Jacinto
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- First, you will go to San Jacinto, a small village located between 2 volcanoes which hide the “Hervideros”, these geysers whose vapor with 300°C leaves the entrails of the ground permanently. The area also offers incredible views of Nicaragua’s impressive volcanic chain.
Later, with the company of your local expert guide, you will go to the coastal estuary wildlife refuge of Juan Venado, navigating the brackish waters of the reserve in a private motorboat observing the numerous wading birds like the Roseate Spoonbill, iguanas, crocodiles and other wildlife that live in this mangrove forest and barrier island. After the tour, you have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful sunset before returning to Leon.
Departure Point :Hotels in Leon
Departure Time :10am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.