San Jose Craft Beer Walking Tour with food pairings by Carpe Chepe
We’re the first tourism company to specialize in sharing San Jose, the way locals live it. We’re a local business, improving the local economy while creating unforgettable experiences in or home town. We believe we can improve our city through sustainable tourism, one craft beer at the time :)
This a city tour for those who love beer, and also for those that are still skeptical. As you sample the best local brews, you’ll learn about the beer history, the craft revolution in Costa Rica, the ingredients and processes that create the colors and flavors you love. We'll walk from one pub to the next, sharing with you a bit of history and fun anecdotes.
Small groups only (10 ppl max.) will ensure the best quality service.
Your guide is a local beer expert who will teach you how to properly pair beers with the right dish. So you'll get food to pair with each one of the beers. You will also get a Souvenir Glass.
This is our home town, let us share with you our favorite spots :)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Visit 4 bars and beer pubs
- 4 local craft beer samples and 4 food pairings
- Souvenir glass included
- Local guides
- Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel (if option is selected)
- Guided city walk
- Small groups only (10ppl max.)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Carpe Chepe, 1st Avenue, Streets 19 & 21 Distrito Carmen, San Jose 10101 Costa Rica
How much do you like beer? Now, how much do you know about beer?
We'll start by sampling some local brews and pair them with a house dish carefully chosen by beer experts. The idea is that you learn how to properly pair beers with food and get an overall understanding on the brewing process.
From there on you'll walk through a safe and well illuminated route that show off this beautiful city at night, think of it as a "beer city tour" were a local guide will show you the city lights and talk to you about the major attractions on the way to the next beer.
You'll visit three more pubs where you'll taste beers from different breweries along with a different side dish for each of them. At the end of the tour, you'll be driven back to your hotel. You also get to take a souvenir glass back home with you.
Note: Transportation from and back to your hotel option is available. Applies only for hotels located in the Great Metropolitan Area (GAM)
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Carpe Chepe San Jose Tours, Avenida 1, Calles 19 y 21, El Carmen, San José, 10101, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
(If transport option is selected) We'll pick you up in any hotel located within the GAM (Great Metropolitan Area). PickUp time will be given based on hotel's location.Airports
- Juan Santamaria Intl Airport, San Jose Costa Rica
- Tobias Bolanos Intl Airport, San Jose Costa Rica
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Barrio Escalante, San José, Costa Rica
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please let us know in your booking if you have allergies or dietary restrictions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.