San Juan del Sur Shore Excursion: Private Masaya Volcano and Catarina Tour
Depart the San Juan del Sur cruise port to take a journey through the Masaya Volcano National Park. Spend 7-hours of your day observing the active volcano and touring a neighboring town, Catarina. Enjoy round-trip cruise port pickup and drop-off, as well as accompaniment by a private guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Masaya Volcano National Park
What's excluded :
- Tourist Card (10USD/person) (To be paid at your entrance to Nicaragua)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Masaya Volcano National Park, Masaya Nicaragua
Masaya Volcano National Park, Nicaragua's first and largest National Park, where you will be driven right to the summit of an active smoking crater for a look inside. This is one of the few places in the world where such an active volcano can be observed up close.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Masaya, Masaya, Masaya Department
Next, you will visit Nicaragua's most popular handicraft market located in Masaya. There, you will be able to purchase various types of beautiful Nicaraguan handicrafts made out of wood, ceramics, embroidery, hammocks, clothes, and jewelry.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Catarina, Catarina, Masaya Department
Drive to Catarina afterwards, one of the famous traditional towns, where ornamental plants and flowers are grown. Here, you can enjoy the impressive panoramic views over Apoyo Lagoon and Mombacho volcano.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Puerto San Juan Del Sur, San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for child aged 1 and under
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will be operating only with private groups, only your party, and we follow government mandates.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.