San Sebastian SIGHTSEEING and PINTXOS - Private Cultural & Gastronomic Adventure
Enjoy an essential in-depth introduction to Basque culture, history and architecture, topped up with ‘txikiteo’ bar hopping that will leave you with a handful of tips on how to experience San Sebastian like a local.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Pintxos enough for a lunch
- 3 drinks - wine, beer, cider or soft drinks
- Entry/Admission - Monte Igueldo
- Entry/Admission - Funicular Monte Igueldo
- Entry/Admission - Parte Vieja
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monte Igueldo, Plaza del Funicular, 4, 20008 San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
San Sebastian has been blessed with an incredible natural setting and there is no better place to start this tour than from the top of Mount Igueldo admiring the best views of the city. You will dive into the history of San Sebastian and Bay of Bizkaia, learn how Spanish wool changed the fate of the Basque Country and why the best vessels in 16th century were built in local shipyards.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Funicular Monte Igueldo, Funikular Plaza, 4, 20008 Donostia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
From Mount Igueldo you will hop on over 100 years old wooden-car funicular that will take you down to the neighbourhood of Antiguo.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Peine del Viento, Paseo Eduardo Chillida, San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
We will visit here Peine del Viento - impressive, steel sculptures by one of the most renowned Basque artists Eduardo Chillida.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Miramar Palace, Paseo de Miraconcha, 48, 20007 San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
You will continue along La Concha beach passing Miramar Palace built in the end of 19th century by the Spanish Royal Family.
Pass By: La Concha Beach, De la Concha Ibilbidea, San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
We will drive along our most famous beach - La Concha.
Stop At: Sagues, 20013 Donostia-San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
We are at the foot of Mount Ulia in Gros district. This part of the city is called Sagües and it’s the epicenter of the city’s surf scene. It’s time to leave the car and enjoy a walk along Zurriola beach just as the locals do!
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Zurriola Beach, Paseo de Zurriola, 20002 San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
We will walk along the surfers beach - La Zurriola.
Stop At: Kursaal, Avda. de Zurriola 1, 20002 San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
During the stroll you will discover the secrets of San Sebastian’s architecture starting from the French influences during the Belle Epoque, through Basque rationalism inspired by Bauhaus movement to the awarded with the Contemporary Architecture Prize building of Kursaal.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Parte Vieja, San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
Pintxo time! Discover with us the Old Part of San Sebastian and immerse yourself in the world of exquisite Basque ‘cuisine in miniature’ while tasting some of the best pintxos in the three most iconic bars. As we go, the guide will explain what pintxos really mean to us, what is ‘txikiteo’ and how to enjoy these bite-size creations the Basque way. This practical course will help you to navigate local bars with confidence during the rest of your trip!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Alderdi-Eder parkea, Hernani Kalea, 20004 San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
Let us tell you a secret - no meal in San Sebastian can be complete without enjoying a creamy, artisan gelato! And it will be exactly how we will end this tour - in a sweet style.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessibility is extra paid - contact for details
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our vehicles and offices are cleaned and disinfected in accordance with the cleaning and disinfection protocol certified by the Institute for Spanish Tourism Quality (ICTE). We also use an ozone air purification treatment in our vehicles before every tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.