Santa Barbara Wildlife and History Kayaking Tour
PADDLING SANTA BARBARA'S 'AMERICAN RIVIERA'
Sandwiched between rugged coastal mountains and south-facing beaches, Santa Barbara is often called the American Riviera. The dramatic geography and warm Mediterranean climate are best appreciated on the ocean, by kayak. This guided kayak tour of the Santa Barbara Harbor and waterfront area is a wonderful experience for the whole family. Our knowledgeable guides will take you on a journey through history, and offer you a front row seat to view wildlife of the region. From sea lions and sea stars to pelicans, egrets, and herons, our coastline has an abundance of beautiful creatures to admire. If you're lucky you could paddle with a family of dolphins or wave to grey whales passing by on their yearly migration pattern. This is the perfect activity if you are visiting Santa Barbara and looking for unique things to do with your friends or family.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Parking: Parking in the harbor lot costs $2/hr
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- We launch off the Fishing Pier in the main Santa Barbara Harbor Village, follow the breakwater and learn a some history of the SB Harbor. Once we arrive at Sandspit (world renown surf break), we make friends with a variety of sea birds. From here, we head out to the navigation buoy's and meet our pinniped friends (Seals & Sea Lions) while taking in breathtaking views of the 'American Rivera'. Depending on the groups strength, we will either head out to the kelp forest or along Stearn's Wharf. This tour is 2 hours in total and depending on the groups strength, =/- 2miles paddling.
Departure Point :Paddle Sports Center, 117 Harbor Way, Santa Barbara, CA 93109, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Max Weight: 308lbs
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.