Santa Catalina Monastery Tour
The Tour of the Santa Catalina Monastery is an experience to tour the so-called "City within the City", since the distinctive features of this place is its isolation from the city despite being in the center of it, also having an art gallery and colorful streets inside. With the passage of time, the Monastery of Santa Catalina has forged a history rich in religious, artistic and cultural details since colonial times.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio de Santa Catalina
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monasterio de Santa Catalina, Santa Catalina 301, Arequipa Peru
The impressive thing of the monastery is its interior, counts on several streets and its own cemetery. History indicates that this place was created with the purpose of giving welcome and instruction to the ladies who wanted to practice religious life from criollas, mestizas to Spanish and how at a certain moment low-income nuns were admitted.
The place has a Pinacoteca or gallery that houses approximately 400 pieces; inside which highlight pieces of religious art.
One of the most important characters is Sister Ana de los Ángeles for her ability to perform miracles and predictions.
At present, the monastery treasures splendid pieces of art of Baroque influence and paintings of the Cusco school.
At the end of the 1-hour tour, you can choose to stay at the monastery to take photographs or visit the monastery's cafeteria on your own.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Santa Catalina Monastery, Santa Catalina 301, Arequipa 04001, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
This tour starts from a meeting point: The Plaza de Armas or the entrance of the Monastery. Este tour parte de un punto de encuentro: La Plaza de Armas o la entrada del Monasterio
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.