Santa Croce church and Medici chapels private guided visit _ 4 hours
Explore Florence in a 4 hours private walking tour that includes S.Croce church and the Medici chapels guided visit. This tour is perfect for people who are looking for the most iconic landmarks of Florence, such as the Medici chapels with artworks made by Michelangelo and Santa Croce basilica, the most important Franciscan church in town, the burial place of some of the most illustrious italians such as Michelangelo, Galileo Galilei and Machiavelli.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Meet your guide directly at your hotel and start the tour from there (option valid only for centrally located hotels, if your hotel is far from the city center write us a note and we'll suggest you the best place for the meeting point).
Accompanied by your own official private guide, you can explore the rich history and top attractions of Florence. Florence is like a large living open air museum spanning 2.000 years of history, your guide will bring the past to life but also show you aspects of Florence as it is today.
During the tour you we'll see the Duomo and the Baptistery (outside), Piazza della Signoria (the political heart, overlooked by the famous and imposing Palazzo Vecchio) and Ponte Vecchio (the old bridge).
With your guide you'll explore S.Lorenzo area with the basilica of San Lorenzo, widely considered the family’s official church where you'll be amazed by the Medici Chapels, the magnificent Medici mausoleum in Florence.
The "New Sacristy" was designed and built by Michelangelo from 1519 to house the tombs of Lorenzo and Giuliano de’ Medici. Before leaving Florence for Rome, where he plans to address the construction of the dome of St. Peter, Michelangelo created for the Medici Chapels some of his most beautiful sculptures: the the Allegories of Time (Dusk, Day, Dawn and Night).
The tour ends with S.Croce church guided visit, the principal Franciscan church in Florence. The construction of the current church, to replace an older building, started on 1294 by Arnolfo di Cambio, the most famous architect at the time.
Michelangelo is buried in Santa Croce as Machiavelli and Galileo Galilei, who was tried by the Inquisition and was not allowed a Christian burial until 1737, 95 years after his death. During the visit you'll see the Leather school, the cloisters and the Cenacolo (Refectory) where 150 Franciscan monks shared meals together in the 15th century.
Departure Point :From your hotel (if it's centrally located).
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: the entry to S.Croce church is permitted only to all visitors wearing clothing that covers both their shoulders and knees.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.