Santa Maria Highlights: Half-Day Guided Tour
Get to know the village of Santa Maria and its surrounding attractions during this 4-hour excursion on the island of Sal. Experience daily life on the island during a stop at Santa Maria’s Municipal Market, a visit to the city of Espargos, and an exploration of Palmeira Village. You’ll also enjoy the beach atmosphere of Vila Verde and Mordeira Village and explore the “salt zone” of Pedra de Lume.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Receive a pickup from your hotel at 9:30am continuing to your first stop at the Municipal Market for a guided tour. You’ll have the opportunity to shop at the market’s various souvenir shops while also learning about the importance of the market in the life of Santa Maria residents. After passing through Vila Verde, a tourist resort with 207 four-star apartments with swimming pools, head to to Mordeira Vilage, another tourist resort with an inviting beach where guests enjoy activities like water sports and snorkeling. Continue next to Espargos, where you will have the opportunity to experience the daily life of the inhabitants, and to learn about the institutions like the post office, camera city, the city’s churches and its traditional restaurants.
Proceed on to “Pedra de Lume,” also known as the “salt zone,” where you will have the opportunity to observe the bay and the fishing activity in this village of nearly 7,000 inhabitants. Then on the Salinas, a saltwater pool with salinity levels similar to Israel’s Dead Sea. Learn about the therapeutic bath salts known to locals for their therapeutic properties. You can also visit a shop which sells beauty products based on the local salt. Continuing next to Palmeira Village, an area where you can see the bay of fishermen and enjoy the scenery. Follow this with a visit to the natural pools of Buracona, set among the area’s lava rocks. You’ll conclude your tour with a drop-off back at your hotel in the early afternoon.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Santa Maria
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Your hotel in Santa Maria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please contact the local supplier to reconfirm pick-up location and departure time.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.