Santa Rosa National Park - All Terrain Forest & Beach Safari
This adventure brings us through the heart of Santa Rosa National Park, declared UNESCO World Heritage Site and only dry tropical forest reserve to be found in the country.
Hop onboard our 4wd Safari Truck and join us to the discovery of the historical site of “La Casona”, Playa Naranjo, its mangroves and the famous “Witch’s rock “as well as the many natural wonders of this park harboring as many land species as the US, northern Mexico and Canada combined!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Entrada al parque Nacional
- Guia Naturalista bilingüe
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Santa Rosa
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Santa Rosa, Area de Conservacion Guanacaste Costa Rica
The expedition begins at our meeting point (25 km north of Liberia), where you will safely park your vehicle and board our classic 1967 Mercedes-Benz Unimog. We will then enter the sector Santa Rosa and take the time to visit “La Casona”, an ancient cattle Hacienda which has been the hotspot of Costa Rican history, as three invasions tentative from the north have been stopped; the most famous of them commanded by the Tennessee filibuster William Walker in 1856.
We will then climb the steps towards a wonderful point of view on the Orosi, Cacao and Ricon de la Vieja volcanoes, backbone of the Guanacaste mountain chain.
While enjoying the panorama, we will appreciate the reach and diversity of the Area de Conservacion Guanacaste, the largest protected area in the country (190 sq. miles), which includes Santa Rosa.
We will then resume our trip on the rocky road through savanna, dry tropical forest and mangroves, with a pause halfway to the beach in order to enjoy the breathtaking view on the coastal sector and estuary. This might be the chance to have a glance at some pecari, capuchin- or spider- monkeys crossing our path…The park is indeed home to 250 birds and 115 mammal’s species!
Once on the beach, our guide will lead you on a 3miles path through the impressive flora and fauna of the coastal sector, among which marine and terrestrial turtles, iguanas, pelicans, ibis, crocodiles, a large diversity of prey birds and Virginia deer. Big cats as Jaguars and pumas also thrive in the area, but can mostly be seen at night.
For those who prefer not to walk, a shaded area will be set up on the 7km long Naranjo beach, and they will be able to relax and enjoy the scenery, the powerful waves, or try to surf next to the legendary “witch’s rock”. A cold meal of local and fresh produces as well as refreshing drinks will be offered.
We will the return to the meeting point and end this memorable day around 3 pm.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :1: Pan American Highway, 1, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
2: Balbo’s: Bar-Restaurant & Tours! Overnight stays (Dorms & Camp-ground), Pan americana highroad, Provincia de Guanacaste, Potrerillos, Costa Rica
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.