Santa Teresa Walking Tour in Rio de Janeiro
Leave behind the glitz of Copacabana and discover another side of Rio on this 4-hour walking tour. Follow an expert guide into the cobblestoned hilly neighborhood of Santa Teresa, where old meets the new. Inside revitalized belle-epoque mansions, uncover a thriving bohemian spirit: art studios, trendy bars and shops. Capture sweeping views from Ruins Park, browse through spontaneously organized art exhibits and then descend the well-known steps of Selarón Stairs. Learn history and receive tips on the latest hotspots of Santa Teresa from your in-the-know guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and Drinks
- Tickets to attractions
- Public Transportation Fees
- Entry/Admission - Centro Cultural Municipal Parque das Ruinas
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Cine Odeon - Centro Cultural Luiz Severiano Ribeiro, Praca Floriano 7 Cinelandia, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20031-050 Brazil
Meeting point is at Cine Odeon right in front of Cinelândia Metro Station. The common way to get up to Santa Teresa is by Tram through the Lapa Arcs (Arcos da Lapa) a former aqueduct, but the tram line is temporarily deactivated, so we go up by bus. From there the little cobblestone streets invite you to be acquainted with the charming neighborhood of Santa Teresa.
Stop At: Santa Teresa, Santa Teresa, State of Espirito Santo
The neighborhood has a complete different vibe from the rest of Rio. Here Old Rio comes alive. Santa Teresa is a neighborhood where casualty and tradition meet.
It is full of artists who find in Santa Teresa an inspiring scenery and way of life that helps them create their art and work on their craft whatever that is. At night, it hosts the bohemian crowd of Rio, who dodge the most popular places and go for the lesser known little spots amongst Santa Teresa’s inspiring architecture.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Centro Cultural Municipal Parque das Ruinas, Rua Murtinho Nobre 169, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20241-050 Brazil
In Santa Teresa there is a wild variety of interesting places to get to know. From the Ruins Park (Parque das Ruínas) where you get to see one of the most beautiful views of the lesser known Rio, to the random exhibits organized by the different artists’ workshops around the neighborhood.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Escadaria Selaron, Rua Joaquim Silva S/N, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20241-110 Brazil
Leave Santa Teresa’s treasured little secrets behind as you walk down the Selaron stairway steps to reach Lapa. The beautiful steps done in ceramic by artist Jorge Selarón are one of a kind. The Chilean Selarón was in love with Rio and that love shows on these very steps. The pieces of ceramic were placed on top of the paintings done by the locals who were decorating the stairs in show of support for the National Soccer Team in 1994’s World Cup, won by Brazil.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Centro Cultural Luiz Severiano Ribeiro, Praça Floriano, 7 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-050, Brazil
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs are not available. The meeting point is at Cine Odeon right in front of Cinelândia Metro Station. Address: Praça Floriano, 7 - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20031-050
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Additional measures might be added to our list of procedures as we receive guidance from the local health and safety authorities and as more information becomes available. And some of these restrictions might be lifted at some point in the future if we are authorized to do so by local authorities
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.