Santo Domingo City Tour
Enjoy an insightful day discovering the past and the present of the capital city along with an engaging, knowledgeable, and friendly guide. Seize the opportunity to visit all the must-see monuments and enjoy a delicious typical Dominican lunch.
Pay homage to the First Cathedral of the Americas. Stroll down Las Damas Street where you will see many important monuments. Pass by the Museo de la Casas Reales then walk across the Alcázar de Colón which takes you back to the era of the Spanish conquistadors.
On the boardwalk of Santo Domingo, appreciate the beauty of the Caribbean Sea and modern buildings such as the Fine Arts Palace, the National Theatre, and the Presidential Palace. Enjoy a nice lunch in a typical restaurant in the capital.
What to bring
Know before you go
• This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Official guide
- Visit to the Americas first Cathedral
- Visit to the Colombus Alcazar
- Sightseeing of the most important monuments
- Walking tour
- Time for shopping
What's excluded :
- Visit the oldest city in the New World and the first permanent settlement of Christopher Columbus after his "discovery" of the Americas. World Heritage Site in 1992 by UNESCO, Santo Domingo is a city with a large number of places erected for the first time in the new world as the first cathedral, the first paved road, the first university, the first hospital, first stone house, the first tavern, etc.
Meet the Pantheon of the Fatherland , a great monument of the eighteenth century that houses the remains of prominent Dominican personalities. Our next stop is the Plaza of Spain, where the Alcázar de Colón , the former residence of Admiral. Also in this square we find the Museo de las Casas Reales , where we will know the palatial rooms that occupied the former governors. After visiting the museum we will pause to enjoy a typical Dominican lunch in the city center.
In the afternoon we continue the tour with a sightseeing tour of the modern area of Santo Domingo . In this tour we will know important buildings in the Dominican capital, such as the Palace of Fine Arts, the National Theater or the Presidential Palace. We will finish the route on the banks of the Ozama River to visit the Columbus Lighthouse , a monument dedicated to the navigator where his remains lie. We know the different historical theories, because experts do not agree on whether Christopher Columbus lies in Santo Domingo or Spain in Seville Cathedral.
End the city tour, we will return to Punta Cana hotels, arriving late in the afternoon.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will be contacting you to give you the right pick-up time, depending on your hotel or your accommodation.
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.