Santo Domingo City Tour from Punta Cana
Visit the oldest city of the New World and Christopher Columbus first permanent settlement after his "discovery" of the Americas. Declared a UNESCO World Heritage in 1992, Santo Domingo is a city of many firsts in the New World with the first cathedral, paved road, university, hospital, stone home, tavern and more!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- You will be picked up at your Punta Can hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned van, mini bus or bus (depending on the group size). You will be greeted by an experienced, professional guide who will be your personal guide from the day's start to finish.
The first stop in the capital will be at the Three Eyes National Park with underground caves and lagoons used by the Taino Indians (the Dominican Republic's original inhabitants). From there you'll make a quick photo stop at the Columbus Lighthouse, built in 1992 on the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus' landing in the New World. Then you will be off to the oldest streets of the Western Hemisphere in Santo Domingo's Colonial Zone, a 16-square block neighborhood oozing with Dominican history and culture.
Your first peek at the Colonial Zone comes at the Columbus Palace. Completed in 1514, it was the home of Christopher Columbus's son, Diego. From the Palace you will walk through the historic Plaza de Espana and onto Calle Las Damas (the fist paved street of the New World). The ultimate destination is one of the most important sites in the Dominican Republic: the First Cathedral of the New World.
Lunch will then be served at one of the top Dominican restaurants in Santo Domingo, known for it's excellent home style cooking and typical dance performances by the waiters and waitresses. After lunch, you'll pass by some of the modern areas of the capital and the National Palace where the Dominican President and the highest level government officials have their offices.
To end the day, you will have some time to visit a spacious gift shop selling nearly every Dominican keepsake imaginable. With this city tour to Santo Domingo, you'll experience the city's rich history and the daily life of everyday Dominicans in their capital of 3 million inhabitants.
Departure Point :Tour departs from Punta Cana hotels
Departure Time :7am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.