Santo Domingo City Tour: History of the Caribbean
First you will be picked up from your hotel by bus. The tour will start with meeting a professional guide that will give you some information regarding the island and the Dominican culture, food, music and much more. Either a buffet or typical Dominican meal will be provided. This tour will definitely give you the real history of this island!
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (typical Dominican food or buffet)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- On the road to Santo Domingo you will enjoy the Merengue music from Dominicans, and some other types of strictly Dominican music. Crossing La Romana, the guide will show you where Casa de Campo is located and where most famous VIPs have their mansions, such as Julio Iglesias, Samy Sosa and others. You will see the port where the cruises come to La Romana and can enjoy the nice view from the sugar cane plantations.
From La Romana, enjoy a 20 minute stop to a gift shop, where you will be welcome to use bathroom and purchase some artisan crafts. At the time your arrive to Santo Domingo, you'll see the natural park named "Three Eyes (Tres Ojos) - it’s a natural park made with three beautiful water caves. In one of those caves, they filmed parts of
Jurassic Park. You will have a chance to visit all of this including a bathroom facilities and a cafeteria buy a drink.
The next destination will be the Faro Colon. This is a beautiful monument created in 1990 in memory of the end of 500 years of the colonization of America. Follow to the national palace of the country which is a copy of the United States Capitol. You will cross right in front of the China town of Santo Domingo. At the cathedral you will enjoy the monument of Cristobal Colon and a professional guide will explain the history while showing you the locations. As you will notice, the place is quiet and no one is allowed to speak. For this tour, audio equipment will be included, giving you an explanation of the cathedral and its stories. There are two different places for you to have lunch. You can decide to have typical Dominican food, or a regular buffet. You will also have a choice of other drinks offered, but outside of the menu, other items are available for purchase.
Crossing the colonial street, you'll see Larimar, the stone of love. Enjoy the factory gift shop that does arts and craft with a special stone that can't be found anywhere else in the wold but in the Dominican Republic. You can purchase a souvenir for your lover to keep that fire of love in your both hearts. At the end of this tour, you will get back on the bus, and head to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is included from any hotel in the Punta Cana area. For customers staying in private villas /apartments / condos or anyother accommodation, we will arrange a pick up point close distance to their place.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to lateness or cancelation at the last minute.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.