Santo Domingo: Morning Walking History Tour Including Beer
If you are visiting Santo Domingo for the first time, this tour is especially for you! Enjoy an action-packed, three-hour introduction to the buzzing capital of the Dominican Republic, the oldest settlement in the Americas. As the modern face of the island with a population of over two million, there is far more to Santo Domingo than its fascinating colonial history. The city's heartbeat is loud and fast, propelled by everything from chaotic traffic and friendly street vendors to the beats of merengue and bachata music.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bottle of beer
What's excluded :
- Additional food or drinks, transportation to and from the meeting/end points, souvenirs and personal shopping, items of a personal nature and tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Your local guide will explain about the city’s history, nature and vibrant culture. Together we will marvel at the many ‘first’ buildings that are scattered across Santo Domingo; the first convent in the Americas, the first hospital, the first restaurant and so on.
We’ll walk through hidden alleys and stop for a freshly brewed coffee and we’ll head to El Conde Street to meet some local artisans.
Then we’ll check out the neighborhood of San Miguel and meet some of the friendly locals that live here. We’ll taste delicious traditional Dominican treats at an old bakery and then we’ll savour a frozen beer surrounded by the stunning ruins of an old monastery.
Our last cultural stop will be at the stunning renaissance-style National Pantheon. Our tour will finish with a walk along the Calle El Conde and a stop at Columbus Park. Here we will leave you to explore the rest of our buzzing city.
Don’t forget to ask your local guide for restaurant tips and a few more sightseeing recommendations, there is always plenty to eat, see and drink on our gorgeous island!
Departure Point :Plaza Pellerano Castro AKA Parque Rosado, esquina, Calle Isabel La Católica & Calle Arzobispo Portes, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Columbus Park, Calle Isabel La Católica, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Note that sometimes the sites we visit on this tour may be very crowded, which can affecting the timing of the tour. Should anything be too busy for our schedule, we may have to skip some stops, and will adjust the rest of the tour to make up for the change.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Comfortable shoes. Sunglasses and sunscreen is also advisable.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.