Sanxia & Yingge Old Street Walk from Taipei
Whether you are a true art lover, an aspiring artist or a curious visitor, Sanxia and Yingge are the wonderful places to appreciate the beauty of traditional art of Taiwan.
In this tour, you will learn about the history of Taiwanese architecture and discover the art of pottery making.
Meet with your tour guide and driver in the morning, then take a 1-hour ride to the southwestern part of New Taipei City – Sanxia District and Yingge District. Both are abundant in historical & cultural resources.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide service
- Pottery throwing experience
- Local liability insurance
- Entry/Admission - Yingge Ceramics Street
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: .Sansia Tsu Shi Temple, No.1 Changfu Road, Sanshia Town, Sanxia, New Taipei 23741 Taiwan
Meet your tour guide and driver in the afternoon, then take a 1-hr ride to the southwestern part of New Taipei City – Sanxia District and Yingge District. Both are abundant in historical & cultural resources.
The first stop is Sanxia Zushi Temple, a Taoist temple located in Sanxia Old Street. This temple was established in 1767 and dedicated to Qingshui Zushi (Master Qingshui). The most well-know about it is the incredible art deco of the building, from the front step, walls and columns are all sculpted by stone.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sanxia Old Street, Sanxia Old Street, New Taipei
Then, stroll along the arched red brick hallways in Sanxia Old Street. These arch-facades featuring Baroque-style were completed during the period under Japanese Rule, where you can enjoy the nostalgic atmosphere. Do not miss an opportunity to try the famous local snack – Golden Bull Horns (Taiwanese Croissant)!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yingge Ceramics Street, Jianshanbu Rd., Yingge Dist., Yingge, New Taipei Taiwan
The next stop is Yingge Old Street, is considered as the “Jingdezhen” in Taiwan, where the high-quality ceramic wares and artworks are made from. Take a walk along the street and be amazed by the delicate artworks created by the local artists. Here you also have an opportunity to experience pottery wheel throwing with your hands!
Your tour ends with return transport to your Taipei hotel in the late afternoon.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels in Taipei City Center. If the hotel lobby is located on an upper level, please meet the tour guide on the ground level of the hotel building. Exact pick-up time will be provided by local operator upon confirmation.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Free masks are only available for those guests who do not have their own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.