Sargan Eight Railway,Drvengrad & House on the Drina River day trip from Belgrade
Check the three most exciting sights of Western Serbia on this full-day trip from Belgrade by air-conditioned vehicle and with the help of an expert, English-speaking guide to accompany you throughout the day.
Explore stunning nature and take a ride on a scenic narrow gauge railroad train. Visit the famous Wooden village built by well-known director Emir Kusturica and admire the Drina, the most beautiful river in Serbia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or a private car
- services of a professional, English-speaking guide
- Fuel surcharge
- entrance fee for the Wooden city
What's excluded :
- ticket for Sargan Eight scenic train = 7 EUR per person
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Belgrade, Belgrade
Our tour starts from your accommodation, and we head toward Western Serbia, known for its wild and untouched nature, tasty cuisine and friendly and hospitable people.
Stop At: Gate of Podrinje, Ovcinja bb Zarozje, Bajina Basta 31250 Serbia
Our first stop is one of the most famous viewpoints in the area called "Kapija Podrinja." From here, you can enjoy a breathtaking view and admire the stunning scenery made of surrounding mountains and the Drina river. After a short ride, we will reach our next stop, Bajina Bašta, a small town in the foothill of Mt. Tara.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Drina River House, River Drina, Bajina Basta Serbia
Here, we will see the world-famous attraction, "The House on the Drina," an isolated house made of logs on a river stone. It's one of the most photogenic sights in the region
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mokra Gora, Mokra Gora, Central Serbia
We will leave the house behind us and continue our trip just in time to make it for the departure of the famous Sargan Eight scenic train.
A unique narrow-gauge railway nowadays serves only for the amusement. During our ride, we will pass and stop on several viewpoints from which one can see fabulous views over Mokra Gora. Authentic cars with wooden seats, wood-burning stove, and characteristic rattling sound will take us back in 1925 when this railway was put in operation and made a connection between Belgrade and the Adriatic Sea.
After almost two and a half hour ride, we are returning to the departing station from where we continue our journey to the nearby Mećavnik, or Drvengrad (Wooden City).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Drvengrad, Мокра Гора, Serbia
Our next stop is "Drvengrad" or "Timbertown". The famous director Emir Kusturica (two times Palme D'Or in Cannes winner) decided to build it during the shooting of his film "Life is a miracle." He chose to convey ruined wooden chalets from the slopes of the mountain, to restore them, equip them with luxurious facilities, and to form a new settlement. Quirky flourishes are everywhere: the Stanley Kubrick cinema shows Kusturica's films, and vintage cars are parked on twisting streets named after celebrities such as Bruce Lee and Diego Maradona (about whom Kusturica made a fascinating documentary).
Here we will make a stop to enjoy a traditional lunch made of specialties of the very famous cuisine of Western Serbia, irresistibly delicious and very piquant. (not included)
After the meal, we will head back for Belgrade.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Belgrade, Belgrade
We'll arrive in Belgrade late in the afternoon. End of services.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from any hotel, Airbnb, a pension that is up to 5 km from Republic Square, or from Belgrade port is free of charge. Additionally, we can pick you up from any address in Belgrade, but if the pick-up location is further than 5km but less than 10 km from the city center, we will apply a supplement of 10EUR. For locations further than 10km from the Republic Square, please contact us directly.If you want to start your tour at Belgrade airport, you could do that with a supplement of 15 EUR.Airports
- Nikola Tesla Airport, Aerodrom Beograd 59, Beograd 11180, Serbia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- We never cancel our tours, however, if you booked the small group option and you are the only person on tour, a supplement of 50% will be applied. At latest 24 hours before the trip, you will be informed in the case that you are the only guest on tour, and we will offer a choice between canceling the tour with no fees applied, or paying the supplement of 50% of the price.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.