Sassi di Matera Pass and City Cards Official
The Smart Card offers visitors the chance to visit unique and evocative places within the City of Stones:
• Rupestrian Church Madonna delle Grazie
• Casa Grotta Narrante
• Rupestrian Church of Sant’Antonio Abate
• Casa Cava
• Stone Tales Museum
• Immersive Museum of Bruna
per adult from
What's included :
- Map with useful information to explore the city
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Transfer to and from place of origin
- Visit: Sassi di Matera, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 75100, Matera Italy
• Rupestrian Church Madonna delle Grazie: Located in the Caveoso rock, the church is one of the examples of cave worship sites within the city. Among the last to be closed to worship and therefore remodeled through the centuries, it still preserves visible frescoes of good quality
• Casa Grotta Narrante: architectural testimony of the millennial peasant civilization. The house is composed of different environments where it is possible to relive through the memories and objects customs and traditions of that culture that has long remained on the margins of society
• Church of Sant’Antonio Abate: Located in the Sasso Barisano, the little church of Sant’Antonio Abate is part of the circuit of the Rupestrian churches. Carved into the rock with a forepart and a masonry facade. It is built according to the typical local building tradition in which the opposite part is made of stone carved in the rocky bank and the built part is made of load-bearing masonry made of local calcarenite.
• Casa Cava: The Casa Cava is an underground environment once used as a tuff quarry. Today, instead, it is used as an auditorium and a conference center thanks to an exceptional restoration work.
• Immersive Museum of the Bruna: Located in the heart of the Sasso Barisano, the museum offers a multimedia itinerary inside one of the most heartfelt festivals within the city, "the Madonna Della Bruna". In this journey through legends, images, sounds, stories, it will be possible to immerse yourself at 360 °, thanks to special glasses, at the most spectacular moment of the holiday, that of strazzo (the destruction of the triumphal chariot is called in dialect), reliving the same emotions that unite an entire community on that special day.
• Stone Tales Museum: a real journey through time that of the Stone Tales Museum, where it is possible to discover the most ancient phases of the city and the surrounding area. Get ready to get to know the dinosaurs and creatures that once populated these places, such as the Giuliana Whale.
Departure Point :Sassi di Matera, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 75100, Matera Italy
Departure Time :Card Light 12/13/2019 - 10/23/2021
Card Full 12/13/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Card Small 12/13/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday: 09:30 AM - 06:00 PM Tuesday: 09:30 AM - 06:00 PM Wednesday: 09:30 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 09:30 AM - 06:00 PM Friday: 09:30 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 09:30 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 09:30 AM - 01:00 PM Monday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.