Saturdays - Halloumi Heaven: Cheese-Making Class & Troodos Mountain Villages 8h
Hello from Cyprus Taste Tours! We're a friendly team of local guides all with Cypriot heritage. A group of true foodies, our activities focus on discovering Cyprus through food & wine...
There's nothing like tasting fresh, warm halloumi cheese straight out of the pot and on this small group excursion there'll be plenty to enjoy throughout the day! During this unique experience you'll have the opportunity to get into nature, learn how to collect your own milk and make 2 kinds of cheese from start to finish. The workshop ends with a delicious brunch that includes the fresh cheese made and lots more.
The activities don't end there as you'll be taken further into the Troodos mountain villages to visit other local producers and the quaint village of Lefkara.
• Bespoke experience - small groups of 7 max.
• Meet locals & artisans making traditional products
• Olive oil, local honey, wine, traditional sweets, chocolates and more!
• Don't worry about navigation with door-to door transport
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Unlike other tours... EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED - NO HIDDEN COSTS
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Brunch - We'll enjoy a delicious brunch along with the fresh cheeses made
- 4 Traditional Product Tastings
- Wine Tasting (optional)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local bilingual guide - fully trained in the food & wine of Cyprus
- Support a small business along with the local culture
- A great day out! Check out our Cyprus Taste Tours reviews to find out why you should book this tour!
What's excluded :
- A fantastic way to explore with a local! Your guide will pick you up from a Limassol location of your choice and you’ll be driven into the Troodos mountain countryside to the house of a local village lady to learn the traditional technique of halloumi and anari cheese-making. This small group activity will start at the farm of our host where participants can learn how to milk the animals (goats & sheep) to collect their very own fresh milk. A tour of the cheese-making premises will follow where you'll be put to work to make your fresh halloumi cheese! This hands-on workshop ends with a traditional sit-down experience where you'll enjoy a delicious brunch which will include the cheeses made plus lots more.
We'll then continue our journey into the scenic mountain villages to visit a honey producer, traditional sweets workshop, winery (optional) and a local making products with donkey milk. Part of our touring will be a visit to Lefkara village where you’ll see the local ladies making the famous Cyprus lace plus time to shop & explore.
Any applicable entrance fees, tasting fees, door-to-door transport, traditional brunch, coffee & drinks are all included in the tour price.
• Pano Lefkara, Pano Lefkara, Larnaka District
• Kato Drys Bee & Embroidery Museum, Kato Dhrys Cyprus
• Golden Donkeys Farm, Skarinou Village, Skarinou 7731 Cyprus
• Ktima Christoudia Winery, 6, Ayiou Mina Road, Larnaca 4414 Cyprus
• Drinks included - Tea, coffee & homemade lemonade are served throughout the experience.
• Brunch - A delicious brunch of the cheeses made along with village bread, farm fresh eggs, smoked ham, tomatoes, cucumber, jams & honey.
• Tastings along the way... - At each stop after our cheese-making workshop there will be yummy tastings - honey, traditional sweets, wine, chocolates and more!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer door-to-door transport from almost any Limassol location including hotels, airbnbs, private accommodation, cruise terminal, landmarks etc. We can also offer pick-up or drop-off at the airport if this makes your participation more convenient. In the unlikely case that we cannot fulfil pick-up - a full refund will be processed.This tour runs on specific dates - if the available dates aren't suitable and you would like to take part in a food / wine experience on another day then please check Cyprus Taste Tours for our other options as we have activities running on every day of the week.Ports
- Limassol Marina St 3601, Limasol, Cyprus
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.