Savannah's Bonaventure Cemetery After Hours Group Tour
Savannah’s ONLY after hours, cemetery tour! Conducted by Shannon Scott, this specialty adult tour delves into layers of secret society topics, root doctor ritual work, gangsters, bootleggers, murderous lovers and other clandestine story gems that Scott defines as “the taboo tales” of Bonaventure. For fans of Midnight In The Garden of Good & Evil? This is the ultimate show as you roam the grounds discussed in the novel where many of the characters are now buried and per expectation told in a highly personal, maverick manner by The Bard of Bonaventure, Shannon Scott!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional local guide
- Entry/Admission - Bonaventure Cemetery
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bonaventure Cemetery Journeys w/ Shannon Scott, 330 Bonaventure Rd, Savannah, GA 31404-3222
Tour the South's most illustrious, Victorian Cemetery with 29 year, resident storyteller, Shannon Scott or one of his other premium story hosts! Bonaventure is home to poets, songwriters, actors, artists, industrialists, duelists, Confederates, and every life story under one sunny cemetery! Fans of Secret Societies like The Freemasons won't be disappointed either as Bonaventure is imprinted everywhere with their emblems! See Little Gracie, Johnny Mercer, Conrad Aiken, Noble Jones and more! Fans of "Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil?" Get close to the characters! Talk about a personal & impacting day out! Inquire about Historic District Hotel Transportation!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bonaventure Cemetery, 330 Bonaventure Rd, Savannah, GA 31404-3295
During this 2.5 hour tour, you will be joining a very exclusive club of people who have seen the cemetery after it closes to the public. Not since it opened in 1846 has this been an opportunity, but thanks to your very special local host, now it is. You are literally locked in the cemetery the entire time; for the right taker, there's no price you can put on the joy of that. Imagine having the serenity, stillness, and quiet of the cemetery, uninterrupted by the living world.
Stories stretch from the present day all the way back to Bonaventure's plantation beginnings in 1754. Our topics range from the funny and uplifting to the macabre at its most morbid. Some of the stories that will be covered include those of:
• A "hooch runner" for Al Capone
• A bizarre love story that ended in one murder and one visit to the electric chair
• Savannah's role in The DaVinci Code
• Lady Minerva & Jim Williams in Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :330 Bonaventure Rd, Thunderbolt, GA 31404, USA
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers must have a cell phone on them and provide cell phone number at the time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.