Savegre River Rafting Tour
Hop on an authentic tropical rafting adventure geared for the whole family (ages 5+) in Costa Rica’s popular Manuel Antonio National Park! Enjoy relaxation and just a touch of white-water action on one of the cleanest rivers in Central America. The free-flowing Savegre River has Class II-III rapids for a gentle ride with some exciting rapids for thrills. This half-day tour shows you the beauty of Costa Rica from the best vantage point–right on the water!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transfers from Manuel Antonio-Quepos to and from Savegre River
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transfers OUTSIDE Manuel Antonio-Quepos area can be arranged with an additional charge
- Your adventure starts with an early drive south of Quepos on our air-conditioned minibus. We’ll drive 1 1/2 hours through African palm plantations, teak reforestation projects, and incredible landscapes on the way to the Savegre River put-in.
After a safety orientation and paddling instruction, we start maneuvering rapids such as Boca Diablo and Washing Machine. We will stop on the river shore for a refreshing snack of fresh fruits and cookies before continuing our journey down the river. Near the end, we’ll run an exciting rapid called Screaming Child before the river tames down. You’ll have plenty of time to relax, observe the abundant flora and fauna on the way down the river.
A five-minute drive will take you to Silencio Lodge where you’ll get a hot Costa Rican meal. After lunch, we have a 50-minute drive back to Quepos area.
Departure Point :Quepos, Quepos, Province of Puntarenas
Traveler pickup is offered
GSP CoordinatesDMS: 9°25’40’’ N 84°9’30’’ WQuepos Office withRios Tropicales partnerH2O Adventures
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- CANCELLATION POLICIES: • Any change or cancellation must be made before 4:00pm the day before service date. • No refunds for NO SHOWS. If circumstances beyond our control (bad weather, natural disasters, road closures, etc). we reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations and to make partial refunds. "Rios Tropicales, S.A. will not be responsible for additional costs incurred by the client due to various climatic conditions, such as but not limited to: earthquakes, floods, epidemics, fires, or accidents, condition of roads, cancellations of external transportation, or any other cause attributed to unforeseeable circumstances or Force Majeure that may interrupt or delay a booked trip."
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.