Saxon & Bohemian Switzerland photography trip
Our professional photography tutor will pick you up at your hotel in Prague in the afternoon and take you to the Saxon Bohemian Switzerland National Park where he will show you the best photo locations in the area and lead you throughout the whole workflow of landscape photography (choosing the right gear, scene selection, composition). You will finish the day with a spectacular sunset session.
per adult from
6 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional photographer guide
- Sunset photography session
- Landscape photography guidance including choosing the right gear, scene selection, composition, etc.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Travel insurance
- Other meals and drinks
- Our professional photography tutor will pick you up at your hotel in Prague around 2 - 4 PM depending on the year season. Then, he will drive you on the car or minivan, depending on the group size, straight to the Saxon & Bohemian Switzerland National Park. Groups are small, up to 7 persons.
Be ready to enter an
ancient mountain realm, carved by cliffs, deep canyons and wild gorges, with volcanic hills and soaring sandstone rock formations standing on silent patrol above the forested landscape of the Saxon & Bohemian Switzerland. This is where you will get a taste of pristine scenery orchestrated by huge slabs of stone piled upon each other - a true sea of rocks whose visually compelling landscape found its way to the works of many romantic painters.
Just to give you an idea of some of the
locations, the trip could contain depending mostly on the weather conditions:
• Carolafelsen — Romantic cliff viewpoint in Saxon Switzerland, from which we will be shooting high above the Kirnitzsch valley surrounded by rocks and woods with the majestic Schrammsteine and Lilienstein in the background.
• Křížový vrch — Standing in the middle of Bohemian Switzerland, this treeless hill is an open invitation to a beautiful 360° view of the whole surroundings.
• Schrammsteine — Towering high above the Elbe River in Saxon Switzerland, this majestically jagged rock formation provides what are probably the most stunning views in the Saxon Switzerland.
• Zirkelstein — A small table mountain in Saxon Switzerland offering a dramatic view of the Kamenice River valley, the cliffs of Saxon and Bohemian Switzerland, with Lusatian Mountains silently patrolling the landscape’s background.
• Gorges of River Kamenice — This field trip will be about taking pictures of the River Kamenice, whose waters run deep below the sandstone cliffs of Bohemian Switzerland.
• Vilemínina stěna — Offering picturesque vistas of the village of Jetřichovice and the landmark of Růžovský vrch (Rosy hill) in the background, this formation is an each way bet.
• Bastei — Towering 194 metres above the Elbe River, the jagged rock formation of Bastei is one of the most prominent lookout points of Saxon Switzerland treating viewers to an incredibly sweeping view of its surroundings.
We will be shooting mostly during sunset, and in case of overcast sky and/or rain there is always the possibility of taking our gear down to the gorges in pursuit of various creeks and rivers. Or if we strike it lucky with the slowly crawling high fog (low clouds), we will also be shooting the hillsides of Lusatian Mountains covered with lush green beech forests.
When the sunset session is over, the photography tutor will drive you back to your hotel in Prague.
Departure Point :Typically, we will pick you up at your hotel.
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Recommended gear
- Digital camera — i.e. DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Good tripod — sturdy and stable
- Cable release — not necessary, but recommended
- Circular polarizing filter
- Wide angle lenses — highly recommended for landscape photos
- Telephoto lens — comes in real handy, as we may spot
- Warm and waterproof gear — It can get freezing cold in between the fall and spring. Also, don’t forget to throw in some hiking boots.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Bohemian Journeys