Scenic Blue Mountain Tour from Port Antonio
Explore the majestic Blue Mountains by taking a hike up Jamaica’s tallest peak (7,200 feet)! Get away from the busy, broiling coastal regions of Jamaica and explore the cooler more laid-back side of Jamaican life and hike to the Blue Mountain Peak. The Blue Mountain is situated in the Blue and John Crow Mountain, which is a World Heritage Site. This area boasts many spectacular scenic views and diverse flora and fauna and an abundance of bird species including the national bird of Jamaica, the doctor bird. This trip is a must-do for anyone who loves nature and is visiting Jamaica.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Authentic Jamaican lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Blue Mountain Peak
What's excluded :
- National Park Fee (20usd)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blue Mountains, Kingston Jamaica
The adventure begins with pickup from Port Antonio or nearby hotel where you will be briefed on the day’s activities, then about an hour drive up to Buff Bay. The drive in a 4-wheel drive vehicle will take you to Jacob's Ladder where the hike begins.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Blue Mountain Peak, 12 Crofton W Ford PO, Blue Mountains National Park Jamaica
Along the picturesque landscape, you'll have the opportunity to see and stop in some Jamaican villages.
The first bit of the trail is called Jacob’s Ladder, a steep and bending path that takes you straight up the side of the mountain. The distance to the peak from here is 9.2km or 5.8 miles. On the journey to the peak, expect to see spectacular scenic views and diverse flora and fauna. Many species of birds characteristic of the area can be seen all the way up the trail to the peak. The Peak Trail passes through Old Growth Forest. This area is unique and natural and it is said that on a clear day you can see Cuba from the Blue Mountain Peak. As a special treat, you will experience a brief tour of a Jamaican coffee farm and taste the world famous Blue Mountain coffee.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Bring warm clothing and a light raincoat
- Comfortable walking shoes/boots
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.