Scenic Canyon Half-Day Float
Feel free to leave the worries at home. This trip has just enough splash to remind you that you’re on a river but leaves out the intensity of the Shoshone rapids. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to kick-back and take in all that Glenwood Canyon has to offer. Hop out and do some swimming or even dip your toes in the hot springs that make their way into the Colorado River as you approach Glenwood Springs.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD) aka, lifejacket
- Optional use of wetsuits, river booties, and splash-jackets
- Snack (optional) Happy Paddlers (guests 12 and under)
- No additional fees and taxes
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off upon request with 24-hour notice by calling our phone number.
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Your experience starts by meeting at the Defiance boathouse in No Name, CO in beautiful Glenwood Canyon (which is just 2 miles east of the community of Glenwood Springs). There, we will gear you up, talk about the trip, and introduce you to your river pro. Then we'll shuttle up the canyon to Grizzly Creek where we will put-in on the Colorado River. You'll begin your scenic float right away as we navigate down the lower half of Glenwood Canyon. There will be occasional splashes and opportunities to jump in the water through lower Glenwood Canyon and into the community of Glenwood Springs.
Trip Length: 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours (dependent on river flow)
Departs daily @ 9:00 am; 1:00 pm; and 4:00 pm
Check-In is 45 minutes prior to departure
Requirements: Paddlers must weigh at least 30lbs.
Departure Point :Defiance Rafting Company, 1308 Co Rd 129, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Defiance Rafting provides complimentary shuttling from hotels and vacation rentals within Glenwood Springs.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival. Please arrive 45 minutes prior to trip departure.
- 24-hour cancelation policy (outside = full refund; inside = partial refund up to 50%)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Defiance, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. But when it comes to what we do – well, we do. That includes looking after the welfare of our guests and the responsibility of earning and maintaining your trust and confidence throughout your experience. Visit our website for more details.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.