Scenic Hiking In Beautiful Palm Springs
I'll provide each hiker with water, a granola bar, a backpack, & a hiking pole. We'll be hiking in beautiful south Palm Springs in the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains National Monument on Native American land. I know these trails very well and the best lookout points along the way to enjoy some of the most beautiful views of the Palm Springs desert & far beyond. From the trail we'll see the Bob Hope house, the windmills, Joshua Tree, Mount San Gorgonio (the tallest mountain in So Cal at 11,501 feet high), the San Jacinto Mountains & the Indian Canyons. You'll also see desert vegetation/plants & cacti close up as we hike along & enjoy amazing views of the desert valley floor below all the way up to beautiful mountain peaks, all while getting in some great exercise. Hopefully we'll see the endangered Peninsular Bighorn Sheep or other desert animals. We'll stop along the way for any needed breaks & scenic picture taking.
per adult from
What's included :
- I will provide 1 Backpack & 1 Hiking Pole for each guest to borrow.
- Bottled water - I will provide water for each hiker.
- I'll provide 1 granola bar.
What's excluded :
- Bring an electrolyte drink if it's warm/hot out & you're not used to excercising.
- Wear shoes with a sturdy sole & good tread. I wear trail running shoes for example.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses & wear sunscreen.
- Snacks - Bring a salty snack if it's hot out, to maintain sodium levels that can be lost from sweating.
The hike lasts approximately 2 hours including time to stop to take pics and breaks. We'll be hiking on some beautiful trails in south Palm Springs in a scenic desert landscape. These trails have amazing views of the desert valley below all the way up to amazing mountain peaks.
From the trail we'll stop & see the very unique Bob Hope house, the windmills, the Little San Bernardino Mountains & the mountain perimeter of Joshua Tree all to the north, the San Jacinto Mountains to the west, Mount San Gorgonio (the tallest mountain in Southern California at 11,501 ft.) and beautiful views of Palm Springs and other desert cities that make up the Coachella Valley & far beyond.
As we head back down we will see Indian Canyons in the distance, ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians that settled in the area 5 thousand years ago. Hopefully we'll see some Peninsular Bighorn Sheep, an endangered species or other desert animals as we hike.
To see my other hikes click on TrailAhead under the product title. For Viator users to see my other hikes copy&paste 138042P3 & 138042P1 into the search bar there. To do one of my hikes on a date/time not shown ask me, thank you.
Departure Point :3133 Barona Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92264, USA
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All participants should be reasonably healthy & fit cause we'll be hiking uphill & downhill on trails that have some rough uneven sections with an approximate elevation gain of 600 feet.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.