Scenic Railroad Varvara - Avramovo
• Small groups , personal attention !
• Тhe Rural tourism shows the real face of Bulgaria
• The best part of the Septemvri-Bansko railway
• Duration : 8 hours
• Meeting point: Aleksander Nevsky cathedral at 7.00am.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Train & hot springs ticket
- Transfer from Sofia to village of Varvara. From here we will jump on the small cozy train, called “Tesnolineika” - narrow-gauge train. We will catch the train at 08:44 am
Our journey begins in Western Rhodope ranges. The scenery is beautiful and unique, with a mixture of deciduous forests (colourful autumn leaves could be seen during fall season), conifers and valleys. We will pass through the city of Velingrad – the Balkan's SPA capital. The train is continuing ascending the Rhodope mountains to the highest station on the Balkans - Avramovo – this is our last stop. From there is opening a view to the Rila mountain - the highest in Bulgaria. At 12.20pm we will return back to Varvara with another train coming from Bansko.
By 2.40pm. we will be again in Varvara. The program is followed by visiting a place with hot springs(2hrs. + late lunch).
Return to Sofia in the late afternoon.
Departure Point :Alexander Nevsky cathedral
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Alexander Nevsky cathedral
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 18 years
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.