Scenic Railroad Varvara To Velingrad
Our journey begins in Western Rhodope ranges. The scenery is beautiful and unique, with a mixture of deciduous, conifers and valleys. The train is continuing ascending the Mountain of Orpheus(We will tell you the story about Orpheus and Eurydice) to the SPA capital of Bulgaria - Velingrad – this is our last stop. We will have a 2.5hrs to walk around.
Velingrad is the most popular SPA and balneologic resort in the country.
First we will visit local marked place.
Then we are going to Kostandovo – a small village where we can find a unique Carped factory - amazing hand-made carpets even for royals. It takes 4 employees to create 10 cm of a carpet a day.
After Kostandovo we are going back to Velingrad for a lunch in nice recreation zone, where is located the biggest karst spring in Bulgaria – Kleptuza.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Ticket for the train and the taxi around Velingrad
- Professional driver guide
What's excluded :
- Fee for swimming pool in Velingrad
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: residence Velingrad, 4600 Velingrad, Bulgaria
- Velingrad is the most popular SPA and balneologic resort in the country.
- Visiting local marked place.
- Amazing hand-made carpet factory
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :National Palace of Culture, National Culture Palace, бул. „България“, 1463 Ndk, Sofia, Bulgaria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.