Scotland in TV and Film Tour
From Mary Queen of Scots, Braveheart and the Outlaw King to Game of Thrones and Outlander and even Monty Python's The Holly Grail, Scotland has been a popular filming location for many Films and TV programmes. On this tour we will explore the filming locations where the real story behind the scenes is as exciting and captivating as the stories told by Hollywood. You will have a chance to walk in the footsteps of the Outlander cast but you can also explore and discover the true stories that will unlock an equally remarkable history. All this from the luxury of your own private guided tour with a minibus full equipped to meet all your needs for a fantastic and memorable day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - There will be provision of a sweet Scottish themed snack treat.
- Soda/Pop - Free cans of Scotland's other national drink Irn Bru will be provided during the snack break.
- Each passenger will be provided with a route map and schedule for the days activities.
- Each passenger will be provided an audio receiver for clear guide communication
What's excluded :
- Optional entrance fees into castles etc
- Lunch - Although snacks will be provided lunch in not included unless guest select a hamper option from our catering partners.
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
- Entry/Admission - Blackness Castle
- Entry/Admission - The Battle of Bannockburn Experience
- Entry/Admission - National Wallace Monument
- Entry/Admission - Doune Castle
- Entry/Admission - Royal Burgh of Culross
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
Visit the birth place of Mary Queen Of Scots as well as a filming location for Outlander. This is an important historic location and you will have the chance to explore and appreciate the significance of the area
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Blackness Castle, Blackness, Linlithgow EH49 7NH, UK
Used as a filming location for Outlander but with it's own history this is an interesting castle tour.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Battle of Bannockburn Experience, The Battle of Bannockburn Centre Glasgow Road Whins of Milton, Stirling FK7 0LJ Scotland
Visit the location of the battle of Bannockburn and participate in the battle simulation.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Wallace Monument, Hillfoots Road Abbey Craig, Stirling FK9 5LF Scotland
Passing visit to allow for photographs
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Doune Castle, Castle Hill, Doune, Stirling FK16 6EA Scotland
Another filming location for Outlander but also for Monty Python's Holy Grail and Game of Thrones. Visit the site
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Royal Burgh of Culross, A985, 4 Miles East of the Kincardine Bridge, Culross KY12 8JH Scotland
Our final Filming location for Outlander. Village visit and tour including walk up to the Abbey.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up from any single point within the Central Scotland area including Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling. We can drop off at a different location if required.Airports
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
- Glasgow Intl Airport, Paisley PA3 2SW Scotland
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.