Scottish Dining Experience: Discover Edinburgh’s Specialties With City Host
Enjoy an authentic taste of the very best of Scottish cuisine with a like-minded local by your side who is as much of a foodie as you are, and is passionate about sharing specialities made from the freshest local produce with you! Whether you’d like to taste classic Scottish dishes in a historic pub or fancy a contemporary twist on the city’s traditional dishes, enjoy a meal with your local that suits your preferences and tastes. You’ll be able to enjoy regional specialities and Scottish dishes at a restaurant or pub that’s loved by locals and which makes the most of Scotland’s natural larder by using only the very best local ingredients.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- A traditional Scottish dish (examples: steak pie, fish pie, haggis, sausage and mash) and two drinks (alcoholic or soft drinks)
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks additional to those stated above
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- WHAT YOU'LL DO
Join a local host who is a foodie like yourself and enjoy a meal at a historic pub serving traditional Scottish cuisine or at a neighbourhood restaurant that serves contemporary twists on the nation’s favourite dishes.
Get off the tourist trail and discover a restaurant that serves authentic dishes, using fresh and seasonal ingredients and classic recipes so you can get a taste of the best of Edinburgh’s cuisine.
Enjoy a traditional meal with your local, try Scottish specialities and finish your meal with a wee dram of whisky!
Immerse yourself in the local food culture, discovering a restaurant that’s loved by locals where you’ll see just how delicious Edinburgh’s food scene is as well as enjoying the evening at a neighbourhood eatery or welcoming local pub.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, chat about your favourite foods and get some insider recommendations for the best local places to eat for the rest of your trip.
Options for vegetarians and vegans are available.
• Eat and drink like a local in a historic pub or contemporary restaurant
• Discover the places where the locals really eat, and try the classic dishes that are served there
• Enjoy an authentic meal with a local by your side, trying traditional Scottish dishes
• Taste the flavours of the region’s natural produce as you order the classic dishes that are loved by locals
• Enjoy a glass of locally brewed craft beer, a Scotch whisky or soft drink with your meal
• Get tips and recommendations from your local about the best places to eat in the city so you can continue to eat like a local
Departure Point :Edinburgh, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/1/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary based on your literary loves, and to agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
- Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
- Although this is a food and drink themed experience, your Local Host will also help you to discover unique shops, inspiring places and independent galleries as well as sharing stories that you won’t find in a guidebook, and make the city unique.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.