Scuba Diving at Playa Hermosa, Coco and Ocotal Beach
Scuba diving tour (must show proof of dive certification) in Playa Hermosa, Gulf of Papagayo. The dive sites are perfect for beginners, certified divers, and students. Night and long-range dives to the Catalina Islands are offered for certified divers. Advanced Diver Certification is required for long-range dives to the Bat Islands (Park fees are additional if going to Bat Islands).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tanks, weights and weight belt
- Snacks on the boat
- Transportation by car from Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco and Playa Ocotal (or boat pickup from beach if more than 6 persons, beach conditions permitting)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels located outside Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco and Playa Ocotal
- Dive Rental Equipment: BCD (buoyancy compensator device), regulator, wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkel, dive computer
- Park entrance fees
The Gulf of Papagayo area has more than 20 dive sites all near the shore (around 10-20 minutes). Many schooling fish, small critters, sea horses, and sharks can be found around the dive sites. Certified divers will enjoy two dives. First dive is generally to a max depth of 80 feet and the second dive is 20-60 ft depth. Between the dives, divers will be treated to fresh pineapple, cookies and water on the surface interval. Experience dive guide leads divers around the dive site, and a back up safety diver is available to assist divers who may run low on air or need to return to the boat so the remainder of divers can continue to enjoy their underwater adventure.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Provincia de Guanacaste, Coco, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive.
- If certified diver has not been diving within past 12 months, dive operator reserves right to refuse to take certified diver unless Refresher Course is taken (at additional charge).
- All passengers must sign waiver/release of liability prior to boarding boat
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some preexisting medical conditions (ie asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Multi-lingual guide: Spanish and English
- A minimum number of people is need per booking for the following tours: 4 people per booking is required for CATALINA ISLAND DIVE TRIP (Long-Range) 4 people per booking is required for NIGHT DIVES 6 people per booking is required for BAT ISLAND DIVE TRIP (Long-Range -- ADVANCED DIVERS ONLY)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face mask recommended when traveling in transportation vehicles
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.