Scuba Diving in Puerto Plata
Take a dive off the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, and experience its unique world of underwater treasures, sunken undiscovered Spanish galleons, and unspoiled multicolor coral reefs. The Discover Scuba Diving Puerto Plata PADI program is designed to show first time divers the wonders of this hidden paradise with the comfort and guidance of a professional diving instructor. Get your feet wet in the simulator pool before entering the majestic Puerto Plata waters. Your guide will offer some basic exercises and rules to follow, which also allow non-certified divers to join this underwater expedition.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Get ready for a bright 8 am hotel pick-up and drive out to the Dive Center inside Iberostar Costa Dorada Hotel. Your instructor will give a presentation and hand out paperwork for your group to fill out. Suit up in your safety equipment and head over to the pool for training and theory. Your PADI certified instructor will show you some basic scuba diving exercises and rules. You will practice them while getting used to swimming underwater with the full scuba equipment.
At around 9:30 am, you’ll depart from the beach on board a twin-engine diving catamaran. Dive sites are chosen depending on sea conditions, group size, and age. Dive sites are between a 10 to 40 minute boat ride from each other. Enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the massive mountain Isabel De Torres as your captain steers you toward your jump off points.
You'll have the opportunity to participate in two dives in two different sites. Maximum depth is 12 meters. Maximum time is 40 minutes or when divers get to 60 BAR (before reserve). At around 1 pm, after exploring the underwater depths of Puerto Plata, you will be taken back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Dive Center in the Hotel Iberostar Costa DoradaHotel lobby (select hotels only)
Departure Time :6/2/2020 - 6/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Under medication, please ask your doctor for advice.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.