Sea Kayak Tour in Casco Bay
Learn the basics of sea kayaking on land before launching at Mere Point in Brunswick for a leisurely 3 hour morning tour of Northwest Casco Bay! Usually we paddle south to the end of Mere Point for a photo op and then on to visiting an island for a stretch break, snacks, and shoreline exploring. Then we paddle back by another island to our launching point.
Sea kayaking is an easy, fun way to sight see from the water. We often see different kinds of sea gulls, cormorants, black ducks, mallard ducks, eider ducks, great blue herons, snowy egrets, osprey and sometimes bald eagles. If we are lucky, we will see a seal.
Paddlers of all ages will love exploring Casco Bay in this protected, scenic, historic area! No experience is needed. Single and double kayaks are used on this guided tour by a Master Maine Guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Sea kayak (single or double), paddle, life jacket and safety gear
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Merepoint, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
We will meet and prepare for our sea kayaking tour at the Mere Point Boat Launch. After launching we will paddle on NW Casco Bay, landing on an island for homemade hot muffins, tea, lemonade and a chance to explore. We will be on the lookout for wildlife, lobstermen, oyster farming, and learn the history of the area. We will return to our starting point.
Duration: 2 hours 40 minutes
Pass By: Alice's Awesome Adventures, 17 Webb Field Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011-8107
This is the hub of Alice's Awesome Adventures.
Departure Point :Mere Point Boat Launch, 15 Birch Island Rd, Brunswick, ME 04011, USA
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. Tour may be moved to a second location for more favorable conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, strong winds or rain, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and water. Wear shoes that can get wet and stay on your feet, and bring a hat, sunglasses, and a windbreaker or synthetic fleece for warmth.
- A liability waiver and medical information form must be completed before the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult for everyone's safety.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Current Covid-19 regulations will be shared with travelers at the start of the trip. Travels must sign a waiver at that time.
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with physical disabilities without prior arrangements.
- Due to Covid-19 requirements, travelers must provide their own face masks, hand sanitizer, water, snacks, sunscreen, bug repellent, and clothing.
- All participants will wear a face mask on land and whenever social distancing is not able to be maintained. One will be provided if necessary.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.