Searching for truffles
Searching for truffles in Tuscany with an expert truffles hunter: it’s a special experience which allows you to discover how nature can offer hidden treasures….
The truffles hunter, with his dog along, will teach you the techniques to find a truffle enough to make you so enthusiast of your choice!!
And after the search…let’s go and taste a good truffle dinner!!
Enjoy the Tuscan recipes: delights for the palate!
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel/agriturismo(if located within 5km from Montalcino city center) otherwise meeting point at ARTEMISIA VIAGGI office in VialedellaLibertà n° 12, day and time as mentioned above
- Transfer by car or Minivan MERCEDES (8 seats)
- Multilingual Driver/tour leader (Italian/English/German)
- Expert truffle hunter
- Hunting tour
- Small dinner with truffle tasting.
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- tip (optional)
- Your Itinerary
4.30pm Departure from Montalcino – Vialedellalibertà 12
5.00pm Starting truffles’ search
Black truffle (or Scorzone) hunting is mainly suited to sunny hills exposed towards South. This kind of truffle allows dogs to make experience: when you encounter a “tartufaia”, truffles’ discoveries come one after the other giving great emotions to all the participants!
7.00pm End of truffle hunting and simple dinner with truffle tasting
9.00pm Back to Montalcino – Viale della libertà 12
The hunting tour takes place every Monday and every Wednesday from April to June
On request, it can take place any day of the week .
Participants: minimum 4, maximum 8
Duration: 6 hours
Found truffles are not included in the tour’s price.
Weather conditions do not change the tour’s program,
We recommend a clothing suited to weather conditions, mainly we suggest trekking shoes or boots
It’s prohibited to take dogs
Minimum age of the participants: 8 years. Children under 18 must always be accompanied by parents.
This tour involves walking on rough trails across steep and uneven ground in the woods. While the walk itself is not strenuous, it is not recommended for those with mobility issues.
Departure Point :Viale della Libertà, 12, 53024 Montalcino SI, Italy
Departure Time :Monday and Wednesday at 4.30pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We recommend a clothing suited to weather conditions, mainly we suggest trekking shoes or boots
- Found truffles are not included in the tour’s price
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.