Seastar Luxury Outer Great Barrier Reef Island and Reef Tour from Cairns
Travel to the Outer Great Barrier Reef on a full-day, all-inclusive cruise aboard Cairns' most popular small number (36 passenger Locally Family owned and operated) Luxury Catamaran. Dive into this remarkable underwater kingdom and experience the wonder that is the Great Barrier Reef. Visit the spectacular and celebrated destinations of Michaelmas Cay and Hastings outer Reef where you can snorkel, dive or coral view in the glass bottom boat. To ensure a truly memorable day, all equipment, snorkel guides, dive guides, glass bottom tour, morning & afternoon tea and delicious buffet lunch are included in the fare.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Luxury Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Guided Snorkel Tour at Both Michaelmas Cay and Hastings Reef
- Mask, Snorkel and Fins
- Wet-suit or stinger-suit (seasonal)
- Buoyancy vest and noodle
- On-board commentary
- Glass bottom boat
- Island access to world famous Michaelmas Cay
- Random photos taken daily and Uploaded Facebook "Free Service"
What's excluded :
- Return Bus transfer - Cairns City Area or Northern Beaches and Outer Cairns City Area
- Cold drinks and snacks
- Introductory Diving and Certified Diving available as optional Extra
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seastar Cruises Reef Day Trips, 75 Esplande Marlin Marina, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Check in at 7.30 am at Cairns Marlin Marina, E finger directly on board Seastar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Michaelmas Cay, Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Located 22 nautical miles (40 km) from Cairns, the same as the distance across the English Channel, and close to the outer reef systems, Michaelmas Cay is the largest of the uninhabited coral cays in the Cairns region; in fact it is huge in comparison.
Seastar is the first vessel to arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Very few tour vessels are now permitted access to this sensitive island and now there are only two which travel daily that are permitted the right to use and access the Cay.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland Australia
Our second location where we stop is Hastings reef, part of the outer Great Barrier Reef.
Hastings Reef is located 30 nautical miles out from Cairns and is a typical outer reef, on most days a line of breakers marks where the deep ocean swells break onto the reef wall. The reef itself is shallow on top, with steep sides reminiscent of cliffs falling away into the surrounding water.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :E Finger Marlin Marina, Marlin Parade, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/25/2020 - 4/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Introductory Divers note, Some medical conditions, medications and recent operations can and may prevent you from Scuba Diving. You may require a Dive Medical to Australian Medical Standard AS4005-1.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Seastar uses recommended and the latest latest best practices for a Covid-19 safe experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.