Secret Food Tours Lyon w/ Private Tour Option
Food is undoubtedly one of Lyon's most beloved traditions. Since 1935, the city has been considered the world capital of gastronomy. When Lyon's culinary traditions were being forged, the famous "Mères Lyonnaises" (Lyonnaise Mothers) managed to turn Lyon cuisine into an institution. Today, male chefs dominate the scene, like the famous Paul Bocuse, however it is the women who evolved the renowned cuisine. Many of the recipes around the city are unchanged from their humble beginnings, meaning you'll have the opportunity to taste the culture and history that has turned Lyon into the culinary hub it is today. We'll guide you through this gastronomic journey infused with passion, history, and exquisite French food and wine. Find out why eating and drinking are not just a pastime in Lyon, but a way of life.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Vieux Lyon, 69005 Lyon France
It is the largest Renaissance district of Lyon. In 1954, Vieux-Lyon, the city's oldest district, became the first site in France to be protected under the Malraux law to protect France's cultural sites.
Pass By: The Presqu'ile, Lyon France
The heart of Lyon, France. Extending from the foot of the Croix Rousse hill to the confluence of the Rhône and the Saône rivers, it has a preponderance of cafés, restaurants, luxury shops, department stores, banks, government buildings, and cultural institutions.
Pass By: Place Bellecour, The Presqu'ile Entre La Saône et Le Rhône, 69002 Lyon France
A large square in the centre of Lyon, France, to the north of the Ainay district.
Departure Point :Temple du Change, Pl. du Change, 69005 Lyon, France
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Place Bellecour, Place, 69002 Lyon, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please contact us prior to booking your tour to see if we are able to accommodate your dietary needs.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.