Secret Germany - Resistance in the Third Reich - Private Tour in Berlin
As soon as Hitler came to power in 1933, the regime swiftly and brutally cracked down on democracy. Such rapid shift into dictatorship was unprecedented in German history and it left the forces of the opposition paralyzed. By mid 1934, it became clear that all resistance had to go underground and organize itself covertly.
A second, secret Germany was born.
Let me invite you to join me on this exciting time-travel in the heart of Berlin, to discover an aspect of the Third Reich that has been ignored for so many years.
Meet the Germans of whom history forgot to speak about. Let me share with you their names, show you their faces and tell you their stories.
Get to know the people who saved the persecuted, politicians, diplomats and army officers who worked tirelessly to bring down the regime, those who volunteered to give their lives to kill Hitler, priests who thundered from the pulpit, or students who secretly distributed leaflets.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Licenced, professional guide
- Several quality pictures to help you time-travel
- Hand sanitizers
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Reichstag Building, Platz der Republik 1, 10557 Berlin Germany
At the Reichstag building and talk about how the Nazis demolished democracy, wiped out their political opposition and established the first concentration camps.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Holocaust Memorial - Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, Cora-Berliner-Strasse 1, 10117 Berlin Germany
At the Holocaust Memorial you will hear some gripping stories of those who saved the persecuted and I guarantee that some of them came from the most unexpected places.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Johann Georg Elser Sculpture, Wilhelmstrasse/An der Kollanade, Berlin Germany
At the Georg Elser Memorial we’ll talk about the man who almost killed Hitler in 1939 in the Beer Hall in Munich and the strange mystery that surrounds his story.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Berlin, Berlin
We will stop by at a coffee or in a restaurant to have a short break.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: T4 - Memorial for the Victims of the Nazi Euthanasia Program, Tiergartenstr. 4, 12683 Berlin Germany
On the way to the former “T4” Euthanasia Center; a Nazi program that has launched the first organized resistance led by the Catholic Church, we stop by at the former People’s Court to remember of the hundreds of resistance fighters who were condemned to death in that building.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bendlerblock, 10785 Berlin, Germany
The Bendler Block was the HQ of the July 20 coup d’état and the site of Stauffenberg’s execution.
Here you will hear not only about “Operation Valkyrie” in 1944, but also about the early military resistance that started forming around General Beck in 1938.
You will learn what happened to the conspirators and their families after the failure to assassinate Hitler.
At the end of the tour we will visit Stauffenberg’s office and the room that the conspirators used as their base during that faithful day in July 1944.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Reichstag/Bundestag (Berlin), 10557 Berlin, Germany
Return Detail :Bendlerblock, Stauffenbergstraße 13, 10785 Berlin, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for children under 12, unless they are small enough not to understand the content of the tour
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.